Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep it under 4000 rpm for the first 800k's>:), you would be lucky to get anywhere under 4000 rpm, I doubt you could actually do 800k's riding as they suggested:grin2:.

Interested to know if anyone has done it, or just ridden it normally from the get go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In my first 10 miles I was forced to go over a big bridge with 45mph speed limit. I pretty much just rode it normally making sure to vary my rpms and not run high rpms for too long. Make sure you do your first oil change on schedule around 600 miles and you'll be just fine. I'm at 1200 miles now and my Z runs like a top.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my first 10 miles I was forced to go over a big bridge with 45mph speed limit. I pretty much just rode it normally making sure to vary my rpms and not run high rpms for too long. Make sure you do your first oil change on schedule around 600 miles and you'll be just fine. I'm at 1200 miles now and my Z runs like a top.

600 miles = 1000k's, I was going to change oil and filter at 500k's just to be safe.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I broke mine in ripping hard at the kart track. Great place to do it, never droning in the same gear and good decel compression too. I changed the oil after about 50 miles.

I checked engine compression (at the same time I inspected the plug color) and gained a few PSI of compression. Nice I'll take it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rode mine normally, which means I rode like it needed to be ridden to have fun... Changed the oil at 100 miles. Will do another oil change w/o filter in a few more hundred, then once a year since it won't get loaded with miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I'll just keep riding it normally then :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Man what a difference the first oil changed at 650 miles made! I noticed the guidelines in the OM after it was too late but I wasn't abusive. I was well into the 400-mile mark before doing anything high rev and again it was only as needed. Have to make sure I can get to 50,000 miles on this little sucker! =D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Man what a difference the first oil changed at 650 miles made! I noticed the guidelines in the OM after it was too late but I wasn't abusive. I was well into the 400-mile mark before doing anything high rev and again it was only as needed. Have to make sure I can get to 50,000 miles on this little sucker! =D
I know you're joking, but we'd be lucky to get half that. Lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
For any of you guys who did the break in recommended in the manual: do any of you have a compression testing kit to compare numbers with those who broke in the bike quickly?

I did the comparison with other bikes in the past, and it generally doesn't shine a good light on the factory break in method.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Do trailer miles count? Would have had more road miles last Monday, but had an incident and spent most of the day in the ER for a busted knee cap. Need to take her for surgery on Monday. Hopefully at least get a few more of the upgrades done this weekend.

Think I'm just going to ride the $#!+ out of it and plan on doing piston/cylinder as often as needed. With it basically a track bike, it's not going to get a huge number of miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts