Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to completely remove the front turn signals and 3d print a cover in place of these. But I don't want to cause an issue. I know that if a bulb pops or a blinker is disconnected in my car, the bulb will blink extra fast or similar.

Is there any issues with removing the front turn signals?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes, the rears will blink faster without fronts present. Add a resistor.

But if you have a 3D printer, man the options to do cool stuff. I would make my own micro LED turn signal mounts. Just pick up something appropriate from https://www.superbrightleds.com/.

If you want me to, I'll 3D model something for you to print out, as long as you make me a couple too. :D

TST has some cheap LED turn signal options however I think they look horrible and something better could be done. In fact all of them look bad mainly because they are a generic chinese option.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the rears will blink faster without fronts present. Add a resistor.

But if you have a 3D printer, man the options to do cool stuff. I would make my own micro LED turn signal mounts. Just pick up something appropriate from https://www.superbrightleds.com/.

If you want me to, I'll 3D model something for you to print out, as long as you make me a couple too. :D

TST has some cheap LED turn signal options however I think they look horrible and something better could be done. In fact all of them look bad mainly because they are a generic chinese option.
I thought about making my own blinkers. But really... no one can even see the front turn signals. They are more of a legal add on than a functional one.

Thanks, but i am decently proficient with SolidWorks. So I model all my own parts.

I guess I can deal with the fast blinking until I decide to add a resistor or a cooler flush mount light in its place.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I like the look of these I saw on Amazon. $75 though.

You could still do something better looking with a 3D printer though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts