Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty sure I can't be the first person to think about cutting off their passenger pegs and capping off the tubes? Was looking at it tonight and I think it's in the near future. I mean really, is anyone going to haul around their 300 lb heffer of a gf on the back of their z? ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always take them off every bike because it really cleans up the swingarm area.
I cut of the tail pipe end cover for that very reason . I might just join you on the whole removal idea
I'm thinking I could also just insert a smaller diameter rod inside the tube to make it where I could slide them back on and tighten a set screw at a later time as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Z125live;104665 I'm thinking I could also just insert a smaller diameter rod inside the tube [/QUOTE said:
Because there at a angle to each other , that probably wont work at both places .

But a rod inside on the bottom tube and a sliding Tube that fits over the top tube and two small 10/32 bolts going through could work . bottom tube would not even need any screws because it's all down force and the top slide over tube would prevent it from being able to come out .
but I'm only looking at a pic of my bike right now .
ill check it out tomorrow.
I Like your Idea of being able to put them back on :grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
After seeing the right side this morning with the brake cylinder right where it would need to be sleeved , I decided to just cut them off completely .
and removed the mud shirt , the bike is looking more and more like a Duel Sport every time I cut something off :smile2:

Thanks for the Idea :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Vendor
749 Posts
Be aware for potential future modification, several exhausts mount to the right side steel bars. We cut them off the project bike we did for Kawasaki, but made sure to leave the required length to mount the exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Thanks . i definitely did not consider that . Luckily I going with the Hindle or the M4 ,
going to post this at my other post to make sure anyone else considering doing this is aware of that !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts