Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an exhaust from dark knight street and it looks amazing but i took the bike out for a little ride and it is way too loud for what i want.

I work at a dealership in Canada and we have a yosh exhaust that has been sitting around for awhile and i brought it home to see what it looks like

This is what it will look like mounted

Give me some suggestions on what i should do.

Does it look to big? should i cut the can down to make it smaller?

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
From my experience with the regular Yoshimura Z125 pipe it's very loud as well, so that larger muffler might quiet it down a little, but maybe not enough for you. Can you try holding it against the headpipe from your Dark Knight exhaust while it's running to see how it will sound? It might not fit but it's worth a look. Also the Yoshimura muffler hangs off the RH passenger foot peg mount a long ways so it can drag on the ground when leaning hard into RH turns. I've seen a few drag when going out of angled driveways. So check the lean angle clearance on that larger muffler as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my experience with the regular Yoshimura Z125 pipe it's very loud as well, so that larger muffler might quiet it down a little, but maybe not enough for you. Can you try holding it against the headpipe from your Dark Knight exhaust while it's running to see how it will sound? It might not fit but it's worth a look. Also the Yoshimura muffler hangs off the RH passenger foot peg mount a long ways so it can drag on the ground when leaning hard into RH turns. I've seen a few drag when going out of angled driveways. So check the lean angle clearance on that larger muffler as well. Good luck.

held it up to the pipe today and it sounds alot better then the dark knight exhaust. i think it will be the perfect sound for what i want. once i get it mounted and make an adapter for it i will post a sound clip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts