Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
It wouldn't be cheap, but if you go on the Sargent Seats web side they have price lists for their custom seat services. A few years back, during the off season, they let me do a ride in and built a really nice seat for me.
You can also call them and describe what you want done and they will give you a quote.
FWIW I put a Seat Concepts on the current MT-10 and I liked the Sargent I had on the old bike a lot more.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was just checking out Jet Trim's page. They made the seat for the mnnthbx demo bike and it sounds like they will do just about anything custom. (According to their page they don't even touch motorcycles but I've just seen a 2nd seat by them on the forum so it's worth a try.)

Maybe send them an email with a pic of the mnnthbx bike and ask them about price range and what differences you would like to see.

Chances are full custom is going to be big bucks any way you go unless you can find a cottage shop locally. Best of luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was just checking out Jet Trim's page. They made the seat for the mnnthbx demo bike and it sounds like they will do just about anything custom. (According to their page they don't even touch motorcycles but I've just seen a 2nd seat by them on the forum so it's worth a try.)

Maybe send them an email with a pic of the mnnthbx bike and ask them about price range and what differences you would like to see.

Chances are full custom is going to be big bucks any way you go unless you can find a cottage shop locally. Best of luck!

I called Jet Trim a while back to see if they would do the seat for my Z. If I remember correctly, they said it wouldn't be a problem for them to do it, but it was costly. Sorry, I don't remember the exact amount but, it was enough for me not to give it another thought (I want to say $400+, but I could be wrong). They also told me that I would have to send in my old seat so they could use the stock base with a turnaround time of a few weeks. Give them a call and see what they say. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stitch on time does custom seats, he did both of mine and I can now ride comfortably. He uses FAA approved foam they use for pilot seats and it's great. It activates with your body heat and essentially molds to you while you sit on the bike after a short time it kinda firms up in the molded spot and stays nice and comfy. You see it rise back up after you get off to it's normal shape. I can do 100 miles without getting off for a sore butt. Don't get me wrong this isn't the most ergonomically comfortable machine you'll every ride so you still get a bit sore but it's WAY better than stock.

The cost was just under $300 and took him about a day. I'm thinking of putting together some sort of group buy and doing about 5-10 seats at at time depending on the interest. I know it made my life worlds better and those that have sat on the $400 corbin say this feels better.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you can get the type of foam you want to make it out of and sculpt it you could probably find a local upholstery place to cover it for you. Contact spray works pretty good for layering up foam (2nd hand info).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still fooling with this. After a foam padding based attempt failed, I'm moving on to polypropylene containers and planning to heat weld it to the bare seat pan. The car crash last October has really taken a toll on my motivation and I've gotten nothing done. Even the easy stuff like new shocks on my Harley have been sitting in the box for 5 months. The ongoing problems have really set me back. Add a new puppy into the mix and my time seems to just slip away.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, after much time, I've started on this again.

After evicting a family of mice

This is where I left off.

Certainly UGLY, but might get me where I want to be.

Yes it's a watering can, happened to have one with a hole in it and before I could weld the hole, another was purchased. I have it trimmed out enough that several more hours with a heat gun and plastic welder might have a functional leg brace moving me back enough to hopefully keep good upper body motion to move around in corners. Still not sure if this is a good idea, but still moving forward.

And yes my little white KAYO is on the other side of the trailer with some parts visible in the background.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts