Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think this engine can hold up running 7200-7500 rpms running 50mph for all day? Just wondering if anyone has spent a lot of time at those engine speeds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The engine is more or less the same as the klx 110 engine and those are known for how hard they are to kill and thats running in dirt with less airflow for cooling. I have around 900 miles on mine so far. Other than sitting idling mine is almost always above 7k rpm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to know! The reason I'm asking is I want to make a 200 mile round trip to Alabama on back roads going 45-50 mph and wanted to make sure I'm not gonna burn my red rocket up! I changed to Motul full synthetic at 535 miles so I should be good to go hopefully

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my z brand new last year in sept.
I live kinda out in the country and trailered it home and right out the driveway with less than one mile on it I was wot for 99.9% of its first 20 miles trip. Did 400 miles that weekend on twisty backroads in central missouri. The next weekend I did a 600 mile round trip to the arkansas Grand Canyon with a fellow Grom rider. 99% of that trip was wot. I have 3000 miles on it now and it has never once stalled, sputtered, leaked or failed me. I dont do any around town or city riding since I live out in the country. I put in amsoil 10w40 metric at 600 miles. Only drivetrain mods are a cheapy ebay exhaust and the taller dunlop tt rear tire. Oil still looks almost new everytime I check it.
Probably jinxing myself lol but so far, it does indeed seem to be bullet-proof

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made a 200 mile round trip on the red rocket and she never skipped a beat! I ran 50 mph and 7500 rpms pretty much the whole way. I weigh about 260 and I had a 10 pound backpack on so I'm super impressed with it. I just have a hindle exhaust with the noise reducer so it's still pretty much stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts