Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I crashed two days ago after a month of riding and Its my first bike so I don't know that much about motorcycle parts, could yall tell me what parts I need pickup to get the bike back working! please help!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd say file an insurance claim. If not possible then take it to a dealership and have them give you a quote. Without us being able to see it in person I doubt we would be able to give you an accurate list. Good luck.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ouch. Glad you're alright though. But like @Oklahoma said, without someone physically being there to go through everything and check what the picture can't show, you won't get a good quote. Best to take it to a dealership or something for them to fine comb through and make sure they know what they need to get to bring it back.

Really hope there's not too much broken though man

Maybe even see if we have a forum member(s) in your area, they could come help out first possibly ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would say total loss on that one, if the forks are compromised especially, and looks like they probably are with that much damage. Possibly a bent rim? Could sell that bike as parts and just put it towards a new one you might be better off. Lot of guys on here would pay a pretty penny for that engine. A used one woth only 70 miles on it posted on my local CL for $2700

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just from looking at it..

Headlight + shroud assembly
turn signals
front fender
left side main fairing
left gas tank fairing

If the intake box was broken from it, just buy a chimera intake to replace it. Make sure you check the wheel / front forks to make sure they aren't bent. If its rideable i would think you could replace everything for under $600. However I would only consider using insurance if it was over $1000 in damages personally, not worth it to ding you insurance for >$1,000.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree not worth the ding on the insurance for under 1K in parts.

I would call and take it to few motorcycle repair shops in your city. I'm sure you can get her back together in no time with out having to go the the "stealership"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts