Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a bike with fuel injection ? is there a kill safety feature if it got laid over , or gas tank issue ,or is there a technique to restarting it if its been on its side with a fuel injection bike ?

I lay'ed it over on its side on a 45 degree dirt hill ,with the wheels up and the gas tank down. it took me 2 minutes or so to spin it around and get the bike back upright . then it wouldn't start . tried 10 times with start button and it turned over fine but no-go, then 1/4 throttle , then full throttle twice each .no-go . and then tried to bump-start it back down the hill . no-go ? looked the bike over, all looked good . . so after doing nothing and setting 5 mins or so i re-bumped started it and it ran again. (all safety kill switches are by-passed on my bike so it shouldn't be that) bike has never not started before :crying:
Any thoughts ... Any guesses ...:confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
All EFI street bikes have a "down sensor" to prevent the fuel pump from running if the bike is on it's side. Then there is a delay before the ECU resets and then it will restart. Read the Owners or Service manual for the details. And keep it upright, if possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lobot ... I bought the bike used , so I can't do any of those .
No owners manuel / No service manuel / No Sense :D

It Must be around 5-10 minutes then !

Update :
VDS & STARTER LOCKOUT SWITCH.png

·
Registered
849 Posts
I thought it was a simple tip over sensor that clears as soon as the bike is set upright. Usually when I tip a bike over and it wont start, it's because the motor flooded when it stalled and just needs a few minutes to clear the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts