Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this bike about a month ago and all it’s been is trouble. When I first it it started right up with a bump start, then I changed some things with the ignition and it stoped working. Got it started finally and then the fuel hose popped off while riding. After fixing that I have had no luck in getting it to fire up and run. It will crank over but won’t start (no spark). I’ve gone through multiple things on that bike and Im starting to loose hope. One of my “friends” said they had the problem with the bike before and said it had something to do with the relay (that’s all he will tell me). If anyone knows anything abt this plz replay

·
Registered
34 Posts
Usually when something is running, changes are made and it quits running it's likely what was done. You mentioned "then I changed some things with the ignition and it stopped working", what did you do, have you tried putting it back to where it was before the change? How did you test the spark? Is it stock? Did you make exhaust changes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually when something is running, changes are made and it quits running it's likely what was done. You mentioned "then I changed some things with the ignition and it stopped working", what did you do, have you tried putting it back to where it was before the change? How did you test the spark? Is it stock? Did you make exhaust changes?
I rewired the ignition because I don’t have a key for the bike so I thought it would be easier with a switch for now. I know that those changes didn’t affect the bike because I got it started the next day after replacing fuses. I tested the spark by holding it up to metal on the engine to see if I got a spark (New spark plug). I also had my friend test the coil to see if it was bad, it came back as bad but I’m still skeptical abt it. As far as I know everything is stock on the bike. What I’m confused about is It started with no problems with the changes I made, but after the fuel hose came off it won’t start and just turns over.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Usually when something is running, changes are made and it quits running it's likely what was done. You mentioned "then I changed some things with the ignition and it stopped working", what did you do,
+1
How did you rewire it and what is battery voltage with the ignition switch on
Thinking fuel hose popping off is not related

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t exactly explain how I rewired it but all I know is it worked. It should’ve kept running if the fuel hoes didn’t pop off too. I’ve looked through everything and the one thing that isn’t working right is that there is no spark. I’m not sure what would cause this, I don’t want to believe it’s the coil.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
When you first switch ignition on, does the fuel pump cycle for 1 second, or a full 3 seconds
A start up from key on cycle video would help us a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts