Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I went to ride about a month ago, I went to the store to get gas and filled up. Once I filled my tank up with gas it just cranked but wouldn’t start. I was embarrassed because the bike isn’t even 4 months old with approximately 1300 miles. I went on google and searched up all the possibilities of what I can do. I’ve changed spark plug, check wires, did a vds change, and I checked the fuel for when I turn on bike. I know it’s not the ecu. But I don’t know if it’s the ignition coil. The bike isn’t getting spark I took out the spark plug and put it against ground but don’t see any spark. Any help here ? This is my last option to see any suggestions. I really miss riding my z125.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
There's no way to test the ECU so I wouldn't count that out. If you have a 2021 it probably is the ECU.
But if you think it's the coil check below link.. The coil as well as some other things you might want to check also listed in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, so I went to ride about a month ago, I went to the store to get gas and filled up. Once I filled my tank up with gas it just cranked but wouldn’t start. I was embarrassed because the bike isn’t even 4 months old with approximately 1300 miles. I went on google and searched up all the possibilities of what I can do. I’ve changed spark plug, check wires, did a vds change, and I checked the fuel for when I turn on bike. I know it’s not the ecu. But I don’t know if it’s the ignition coil. The bike isn’t getting spark I took out the spark plug and put it against ground but don’t see any spark. Any help here ? This is my last option to see any suggestions. I really miss riding my z125.
Have you tried bypassing the safety switch on the kick stand? I don't see on your post that you were able to start it while in neutral, which would rule out the kickstand switch...can you confirm?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts