Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a simple build thread that I am currently doing. :)

https://www.facebook.com/ramon.i.castillo/media_set?set=a.10155043440713488.1073741901.556568487&type=3

just like my taste in 4x4 vehicles and music, I realized that the motorcycles that I love to have are retro type motorcycles. Specifically scrambler look motorcycles. I purchased a Z125 specifically with the intention of converting it into a scrambler looking motorcycle but I have to wait for the tires I ordered from the U.S. before I can start my project. I love the look of the Benille Leoncino or the Ducati 62 or the Yamaha XSR 900 unfortunately they are all big bikes weighing at least 220kgs. I am vertically challenged with weak legs and I know that the bike of my dreams should not weigh more than 140kgs, since none is available, I have decided to build my own. :)

I would like my scrambler modified z125 to look like the bikes below: :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first thing that I did was replaced my tires with knobby tires. Also I bought a vagabond fender eliminator and installed it. I also like the Honda grom scrambler very much, if it is available, I will buy it in a heartbeat. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The next step would be to replaced my headlight with a round headlight to make it more retro looking. I will look for the round classic headlight this week during my spare time. :smile2:

Also I want to replace my side mirrors with classic round mirrors. After this I will modify my seat to make it more like that of a retro scrambler, install handle bar riser and finally modify my gas tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you going to get the round headlight to fit in there ?

Ninja, you need to fabricate some brackets. :smile2: I have to look for another headlight or modify the headlight that I bought because the bulb utilized is not H4.

After I fit the headlight by next week, i will need to modify the seats. I want my z125 seat to look like in the picture below. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
There's nothing better than some down right custom fitting work. This is going to be an epic build my friend. Can't wait to see this progress. Maybe some cutting and fiberglassing with a little cross-member in the back for mounting purposes ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. I installed a 1" handlebar riser to make my driving position more upright.
2. I also bought 2 round side mirrors for the XT250 serow to be installed on my z125.
3. A picture of my z125 with the round side mirrors installed.
4. I brought the Z125 seats to a seat shop for custom fabirication of my scrambler seat.
5. This is how i want my scrambler seat to look like. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**** yeah that's a kick *** build!! Keep is updated!
Thank you Zstuntn,

Continuing with the build thread. I was pleasantly surprised that the items i ordered online arrived 10-15 days ahead of schedule. I was suppose to get them by December 10 but they arrived November 25. :)
2 pcs. 7" round headlights with halogen H4 bulbs pre-installed and 4 pcs. of brackets. I ordered 2 sets. 1 set for my XT250 serow scrambler conversion, the other set for my Z125 scrambler conversion as well. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is how it looks now. I am still undecided if I would remove the fairings and modify the gas tank to complete the scrambler look. What do you think guys? :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire Size??

Your build looks awesome!! I'm wanting to do the exact same thing with mine. Naturally I'm starting with the tires first but want to make sure I get the right size. What size Maxxis were you able to fit front and rear? I would like to go 120/70 front and 130/70 rear but I'm not sure if that will be too wide.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your build looks awesome!! I'm wanting to do the exact same thing with mine. Naturally I'm starting with the tires first but want to make sure I get the right size. What size Maxxis were you able to fit front and rear? I would like to go 120/70 front and 130/70 rear but I'm not sure if that will be too wide.
Z125Arrow,

Yes I used the maxxis tires 120/70 for the front and 130/70 for the rear. it fits just fine. No scrubbing whatsoever. :smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, are you in the Philippines? Where are you ordering your parts from? I have family in the US but if I can get parts locally, I'd be very interested in doing something similar, more like the two Grom 50 concepts from a few years ago

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts