Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am concerned about the seat height of the new Z125. I am 5 feet tall. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any lowering links for the Z125?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am concerned about the seat height of the new Z125. I am 5 feet tall. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any lowering links for the Z125?
Kawi303, I'm 5'4" and I can fully flatfoot the z125. I guess if your 5' flat you will have to tiptoe a bit. Now going back to your question, I don't think the lowering link will apply to the Z125 since the suspension is not a multi link type but there are3 ways you can lower the seat height. :)

1. you can reduce the seat. The foam is thick and my guess is you can reduce the foam by at least 2".
2. Since it has adjustable shocks, you can adjust the shocks to its softest setting so that when you sit down the seat will go lower.
3. You can replace the shocks with aftermarket shocks with something that is 1-2" shorter. When I visited 10th avenue, the motorcycle mecca of the Philippines, I saw on display hundreds of different shocks for motorcycles. Btw it is very easy to remove the shocks because it is situated on 1 side not the middle. :)

A combination of any of the 3 will guarantee that you can flatfoot your bike even if you are only 5' tall. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
May be easier to reduce the seat foam and and replace a portion of the removed foam with those seat gel pads. You'll get a lower seat and won't sacrifice derriere comfort.

·
Registered
290 Posts
May be easier to reduce the seat foam and and replace a portion of the removed foam with those seat gel pads. You'll get a lower seat and won't sacrifice derriere comfort.
Gel pads are great. I put them in my Grom seat and in my YZF-R3 seat and they made a huge difference.

Here's my thread on the process on the R3-forums

Installing a Gel Pad in the Rider Seat - Yamaha R3 Forum

I also put semi-custom seat covers on it at the same time

Installing LUIMOTO Seat Covers - Yamaha R3 Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts