Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some issues with the z not wanting to start on the first start up of the day. It fires, but immediately dies. It doesnt do this every time, but does it frequently. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Runs very lean from the factory. I just hold pressure on my throttle(just pressure, not twisting) and it fires every time . A lot of people say getting a fuel controller remedies all of the start issues. Good luck!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have been having some issues with the z not wanting to start on the first start up of the day. It fires, but immediately dies. It doesnt do this every time, but does it frequently. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?
I dont have that issue but mine will have an extended crank for the first start of the day. Even after cycling the fuel pump several times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the insight, I planned on doing a power commander, or a bazzaz, so i will keep you updated!

·
447 Posts

Fuel Controller will definitely help.

Dyno Jet's PCV has an accelerator pump feature which does a great job on bikes that are hard to start.

Reactions: sspetman

·
447 Posts
Lean mixture, mine does that same thing. **** thing needs a choke haha!

Hopefully the PCV will resolve this issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine started this issue after the Mtake, 2Bros and Bazzaz were added. Still trying to get the BZ EFI to connect to my laptops. Once that is done, will try and richen up the idle area. Anyone else added the Bazzaz controller?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I never had that issue
stock, or modded

I use the badazz but have not even attempted to see how to change things
its doing fine how it is now

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have you tried the suggestion of applying a very small amount of throttle when cranking it over? Turning the throttle advances the TPS which often adds more fuel at small throttle openings. If that helps then it may be the TPS is slightly out of spec. or just towards the lean side of the adjustment range. If you have the service manual there is a simple voltage inspection you can do with a meter. Even if it's within the range you might be able to adjust towards the richer side of the range. I would only have the dealer do this on a stock bike, but since your bike is now modified, you might want to look into it. The TPS is very sensitive and very minute movements will make a big voltage change. What is your idle speed? The book calls for 1500 RPM but with your mods it might now be different. And use a good digital tach to check RPM, the analog tach on the bike isn't accurate enough for service work. I'm working on a new Bazzaz map but I'm not sure it will help your situation. Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It happens to me this morning

Yesterday I tried to teach me cousin to ride.
For a hour and a half he kept stalling the bike. Must of started the bike over fifty times yesterday.
I'm guessing he put aot of stress on the starter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts