Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the bike and never have rode before so assumed it was normal to have the bite point/friction zone be like 70% of the way out for the clutch lever, however I took the MSF course this weekend and the bikes they had all had the bite point at like 20% and it was A LOT easier to get moving and to actually feather the clutch and utilize the clutch more than just for shifting.

Is this just the way it is for the Z125? Is mine adjusted wrong? should I take it back to the dealership and have them adjust it?

Thanks guys!

on a sidenote just got my endorsement today and started riding around and stalled it like once or twice because it's so hard to remember where the bite point is it's so far out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeh the stock friction point for the Z sucks.
I got some adjustable levers from eBay for $30. Made it heaps better!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I'll look into getting some shorty levers then.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just to be sure this won't help at all?

I can't just move the friction zone closer to the handlebars?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I tightened the nut all the way and it doesn't seem like the clutch engages with it pulled all the way in (I was in 1st and not going anywhere, no pressure on the bike). there's about an inch of "free play" when the clutch is out now (measured ball-side) compared to pretty much nothing beforehand. it feels better but the friction zone is still a bit out (still feels loads better however). Am I ok or should I not have done this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, that will work, but you will end up with a clutch lever that flops around because of all of the free play.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that will work, but you will end up with a clutch lever that flops around because of all of the free play.
Right, and a shorty lever will reduce the amount of travel so you can get rid of the freeplay and use the travel for just friction zone. makes sense. this is just a temp fix until I get some levers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a adjustable shorty lever for clutch side only if you like 10$ shipped!
thats a good deal but I'm going to do both levers anyways and their sold in sets so no point really, sorry.

I took it for a ride today and everything felt much better the way I adjusted it, I was getting smooth gear shifts and smooth starts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts