Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock clutch cable has a weak point and I've seen 3 or 4 pic's of them break there. (pic 1) (Crackerjack's)
So I was finally installing my ZX10 cable I've seen others use and did not like the fit-up at all . the bend is to sharp down at the motor, (pic 5) for a straight cable and tried all kinds of different re-routing but when at the best location for the cable it rubs on the throttle body lever (pic 6) and could stick the throttle open for those that know that Adrienne rush. And didn't want to tie it back to the intake or where ever. But the ZX110 cable will work ! as well as the KLX110L cable. but it also is a straight cable.
I'm Staying with the stock cable and made a support using Adel clamps (1/4" & 3/4") at the week point. (pic 2&3) and hope it will overcome the week point of cable
I had the standard Zip-Tie support trick (pic 4) there before today. So, for those that can not do the adel clamp mod it could only help. But It's no where near what the Adel clamps provide ,

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same

Had this snap the other night was stalling all over the place till I realized what happened. How long has this solution worked ? I'm looking for a customer clutch cable now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually snapped the cable just now, found aftermarket stronger cable without the curve.

I'll post results after it gets in but nice write-up.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts