Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The Z125 is my first motorcycle. I bought it new with 1 mile. Previously, I had been riding a CVT scooter.

My bike makes a clunking noise when rolling it in neutral or with the clutch in. It happens both rolling forward and backwards. It happens consistently every few seconds when rolling at a steady pace. Is this normal?

Bike has 42 miles on it now.

Thanks and happy riding!

Registered
Idk how loud of a clunk your talking about. But mine made a tickish noise because the chain was a little loose and rubbing on the guard. Maybe its that?

Registered
Ya check your chain tension and tensioners on both sides and see if they are on the same mark.

Registered
Sure seems like tension is it being a bike with almost no mileage racked up on it, maybe someone at the dealer or manufacturing plant missed out on that part.

Registered

Registered
Hello Everyone!

Apologies for not updating sooner. My issue was that the dealership did not make the chain tight enough. Bludc2 was correct. I am now at 310 miles and loving every one of them. It's amazing how many people stop to talk to me about my bike!
Glad to read that you got it sorted. Yeah, the little Z really has a way with folks, doesn't it!

Registered
Mine made clicking sounds. Was a seized Bering. They had to replace the front rim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts