Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to bikes (riding and working on them) and been looking for a video specific to how to remove our carburetor to clean it. It sat for a couple months while i recovered from a break and ran fine for a week but then started smoking and not accelerating one day. Coworker suggested changing gas and cleaning carburetor. Any advice will help. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
423 Posts
It's fuel injected. No carb.

Siphon out the old gas. Put fresh stuff in there with some injector cleaner and hope for the best.

A few months really shouldn't hurt anything though, sounds like something else is going on.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah fuel injectors solve the ethanol gas problem. If it's really old fuel that could be a problem but a few months should be okay. We might need more info as this seems odd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had something similar happen a few years ago and it was water in the fuel. Best to get fresh fuel and run premium to burn a little hotter. Have you checked your spark plug? Water in fuel can foul that up as well, so it might need to be cleaned or replaced. Running a little injector cleaner wouldn't hurt either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts