Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the intake through my dealer because they gave me store credit...it seemed a good way to spend the funds, but for those interested the K&N filter part number is RC -1060. It sells for 25$ on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/RC-1060-Performance-Universal-Clamp-Chrome/dp/B00062YO8G

I think I saw somewhere on here you can use the stock tube from the airbox and clamp an airfilter on it...maybe this combo will work and give you a ram air intake for the cost of the filter and some tinkering?

Unknown if it will work but I'll try to confirm it during my installation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't say its the most elegant fit in the world, slight modding of the stock airtube after ripping it out of the airbox required, but it'll fit straight in there. Somewhat securely. I might wanna throw some type of glue/seal at it, but the circle clamp should hold it on well enough. Just my opinion, use this at your own risk ect...but if you want an intake for under 30$ I imagine it'd be the close enough to the high dollar systems.

·
Registered
347 Posts
go to the auto store and check out all the radiator hoses they have
try to find one thats a similar shape but will fit the throttle body

as those may be slightly larger in size give more flow

and I bet cost around $15 for the hose

I can't say its the most elegant fit in the world, slight modding of the stock airtube after ripping it out of the airbox required, but it'll fit straight in there. Somewhat securely. I might wanna throw some type of glue/seal at it, but the circle clamp should hold it on well enough. Just my opinion, use this at your own risk ect...but if you want an intake for under 30$ I imagine it'd be the close enough to the high dollar systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts