Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copped one of these in looking to build my handbrake set up.

Doesnt seem to be any info or videos out there on Install. Looking over the product pics on steadygarage, it seems straight forward as most brackets go but there's no additional hardware or anything.

In the stock photos it looks like it sits under and maybe slightly behind the OEM caliper bracket but also needs space to do so, so I'm not getting my head around how this is happening without a spacer like the one provided with a PSD bracket. I'm also assuming it reuses some stock bolts but feeling around where I think it would receive into the bracket, there seems to be no hardware. Idk.

I've reached out to steadygarage and chimera via IG, and just waiting to hear back. If anyone has any info on the Installation, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's like a puzzle... I dont like when things dont come with basic Instructions. It looks like it utilizes the 2 existing bolts as u said. If you try to line it up as shown in the picture I assume the existing Caliper no longer sits correctly?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't taken my Wheel off since the last track day last year and I am still at work to do it right now. But looking at this picture and the OEM parts list on bikebandit

and

That bracket the caliper is mounted to thats in between rotor and the spacer/bracket its mounted to needs to be replaced with your piece.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I made a video recently on how to build your own rear hand brake setup for cheap if you have access to a tig welder, its supper easy, cheap and works way better then I ever would of thought, I can lock the back wheel up with 2 fingers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts