Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a Two Brothers Exhaust and my check engine light came on. I'm assuming this is normal since i have no fuel controller?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I installed a Two Brothers Exhaust and my check engine light came on. I'm assuming this is normal since i have no fuel controller?
Which two bros exhaust did you install? I have recently put a two bros comp s on my bike with no fuel controller and I have had no issues with any check engine lights. Did you replace the gasket at the manifold when you put the new pipe on? I would get the codes that it is throwing and see if you can track it down that way. I don't know if these bikes have a stored codes. Did you turn the key before replacing the O2 sensor? I had a problem on a bike by turning the key before reinstalling the o2 sensor but it was not a Z.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which two bros exhaust did you install? I have recently put a two bros comp s on my bike with no fuel controller and I have had no issues with any check engine lights. Did you replace the gasket at the manifold when you put the new pipe on? I would get the codes that it is throwing and see if you can track it down that way. I don't know if these bikes have a stored codes. Did you turn the key before replacing the O2 sensor? I had a problem on a bike by turning the key before reinstalling the o2 sensor but it was not a Z.
yup two bros comp s here also no light
I got the tarmac system. I did not replace the gasket I reused the original as it was in good shape and didn't leak. But now that I think of it I did however start the bike shortly with no exhaust just for giggles, so that probably did it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the tarmac system. I did not replace the gasket I reused the original as it was in good shape and didn't leak. But now that I think of it I did however start the bike shortly with no exhaust just for giggles, so that probably did it.
It is a stored code. I have done the same thing! Just get the code cleared show go away and stay away. Modern bikes are anti fun!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ive done so much tuning on my bike, never had a code yet

but maybe because I had bought the tuner, intake and exhaust and put on all at the same time

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Modern anything with an engine is anti-fun lol !
Yeah tell me about it lol, that's why I stick to 90's cars or standalone management.

Ive done so much tuning on my bike, never had a code yet

but maybe because I had bought the tuner, intake and exhaust and put on all at the same time
Yeah, I have no tuner yet :/ I think it came on from starting the bike with no header. Gonna try to reset it when weather clears up.

I changed my exhaust and got a check engine light. Just ride it around a few times and it will clear itself
I saw the method of riding and turning it off three times, gonna give it a go when the weather clears up. I rode it to and from work for a total of bout 40 miles but the light was still on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did that clearing procedure as well and it didn't work. I just rode around more and it eventually cleared. Just be patient.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I actually got my first engine light yesterday
but it was my fault
I unplugged the fuel injector wire and tried starting the bike

took all day today for it to go away thankfully we were doing an all day ride so I had plenty of time to put miles on the bike, if you look at what they want you to do to make it go away its pretty difficult to do

was almost thinking it would never turn off

·
Registered
67 Posts
I installed the Two Bros Tarmac and didnt use the stock header gasket. No gasket at all with no leaks and check engine light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts