Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a new z125 about a month ago. I love it but it definitely lacks some power for bigger rider like myself. I decided to start modding and try to squeeze every bit of Hp I can get.

Mods are.

Mtake
Musarri full exhaust
EFIE ( cheap fuel controller)

I started with the exhaust and with the baffle out I lost a lot of power obviously. Installed baffle and it ran pretty much like stock. Torque was back and I was achieving the same top speeds. Then I got the mtake and "fuel controller" installed and removed the baffle from exhaust. Adjusted the device and the power is great plenty of torque and faster top speeds.

The EFIE is basically a $30 signal modifier to trick the 02 sensor to read that it needs more fuel. It changes the incoming signal in millivolts so you can "tune" it. So far it's working great. I have a few plugs so I can get everything set up by trial and error. I did get a check engine light for 02 sensor out of range but I think I adjusted it too far. Will post more results after a week or so of riding and resetting the ecu code.

If anyone has any experience with this device please feel free to post your findings as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I may be using a similar device on a scooter I have, its a little box with dip switches and a dial. 3-4 wire connection. It adds or removes fuel by percentages and I've used my wideband to dial it in. But im only around 2-3% so never had check engine light come on for that bike

you have a link to purchase the one you have, is it a universal thing or is it made for the z125

you can buy a wideband setup for under $200 for the complete kit and use it to adjust the controller your using
but then your close to the cost of a fuel controller made specifically for your bike which would probably run it way better and more precise

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi big white the standard o2 sensor only works at part throttle, & over a very narrow range ( 14.8--- 14.6 ) and can change 100s of times per second. as the throttle opens the fuel map will keep changing to pre set points in the fuel curve until it finishes up to around 12.5 :1 afr. the only way to really check is to buy a wide band o2 sensor & gauge & weld the bung to within 100mm of the exhaust port (the closer the better).This is where car makers put their additional sensors and tune from there, with full intake & exhaust. Only then can you adjust the afr to achieve more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be using a similar device on a scooter I have, its a little box with dip switches and a dial. 3-4 wire connection. It adds or removes fuel by percentages and I've used my wideband to dial it in. But im only around 2-3% so never had check engine light come on for that bike

you have a link to purchase the one you have, is it a universal thing or is it made for the z125

you can buy a wideband setup for under $200 for the complete kit and use it to adjust the controller your using
but then your close to the cost of a fuel controller made specifically for your bike which would probably run it way better and more precise
this device modifies the incoming signal by millivolts. it is a very universal thing and is only a 4 wire hook up. im going to dial it back some as im still getting rich pops at cruising speed.

here is the link : Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer (EFIE) Device | www.eagle-research.com

hi big white the standard o2 sensor only works at part throttle, & over a very narrow range ( 14.8--- 14.6 ) and can change 100s of times per second. as the throttle opens the fuel map will keep changing to pre set points in the fuel curve until it finishes up to around 12.5 :1 afr. the only way to really check is to buy a wide band o2 sensor & gauge & weld the bung to within 100mm of the exhaust port (the closer the better).This is where car makers put their additional sensors and tune from there, with full intake & exhaust. Only then can you adjust the afr to achieve more power.
if i read about this device correctly it only changes the signal a little tricking it to add fuel in the same map. a very cheap a crude way to do things i know but its working great so far. im going to try to get it on a dyno with a wideband here soon to dial it in. isnt open loop fueling based on the closed loop map, so if its richer all together the bike will automatically run more rich to a point from what i understand.

so far booty dyno says mad hp/tq gains. it definitely feels more peppy doing wheelies and gets to top speed way easier

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is really old but I'm curious as how you wired up the efie. I see from my buddy that a lot of grom guys are using it and it's easier to wire up with their single wire o2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts