Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i will start by saying i did not see the point in spending a bunch of money on a carbon fiber support. It may sound a little crude or simple but here is what i did.

(required saw and a drill with a drill bit)

go to home depot/lowes/any big hardware store.
buy one 1inch by at least 15inches wood dowel (wood type of your choice) i bought a 4 foot section cost me $4. (extra length provides extra chances in case you mess up)
your choice on wood sealer ,i had some but lets say $5-$10 for a small tube/jar/can
can of paint ,again i had some but that varies from $2 and up
your choice adhesive ,again i had gel super glue so maybe $2-$3 (you dont really need to glue them if the holes are drilled to be a tight fit but it was my preference to glue them in)

if you are like me and have normal stuff in your home for maintaining/fixing random things all you really need to buy is probably the wood dowel

now we can get to work
take out the rubber mounts on the stock air box and measure the length between the holes
cut the dowel to said length
drill out the ends so the rubber mounts fit snug just as it was on the stock air box
before you glue the rubber mounts in the ends make sure you seal the wood and then paint it
next glue in the rubber mounts
allow to dry
and its done

for me it took about 2 hours dry time included, most of that time it was just sitting there drying as i was doing other things

Registered
I bought a piece of carbon tube from eBay for like $25Aud delivered and cut 3x supports out of it.
One for my bike one for my son and a spare. 馃槀
3k Carbon Fiber Yube OD16mm ID14mm.

Registered
Yea I did the same as the guy above.

$12 shipped for a carbon tube. Cut it to length and took the air box mounts and put them in the tube.

Easy and cheap.

Registered
What was the length you used with the Airbox out there is some play in the fairings

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i remember i will check it tomorrow after work and let you know. but i did get the measurement from the stock air box. compared to the mounting to the air box, with just the support there is a little give to the fairings if you push from one side or the other as it is not mounted to the frame. this would also happen with a carbon fiber support. some people may like this some may not. i kind of like it, if i happen to hit the fairing a bit hard it will give a little instead of just breaking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sry for the delay, the measurement i cut at was 11 inches and i drilled into the ends to place the rubber mounts

Registered
14x16x330mm Carbon tube coming from China for $3.6X ... Worth the wait. Ebay. $9.XX US mainland

Registered
Just ordered the same so I didn't have to buy the kit that comes with the intake. Thanks for the post!

Registered
I got mine in from China a week or so ago, looks great, worth every penny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts