Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was washing my bike when I noticed my tire was low and eventually found a staple in my tire that was hissing air out so it must have been recent. I plugged it up so I could get around but it looks like I'm in the market for a tire or most likely a set. I know a lot of people have upgraded tires, maybe anyone have an oem one laying around they'd wanna get rid of?

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's really unfortunate to hear man, hope someone on here has a spare or something they're willing to get rid of or something.

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is why I try to be mindful of where I ride, avoiding passing through construction sites where I can and instead on clean roads or what seems to be, but not always you get lucky.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I hope mine aren't wearing as fast as it looks like

im around 1800 miles and the rear already looks like its getting thin

was hoping to get around 3500 out of the rear, but we will see

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's really unfortunate to hear man, hope someone on here has a spare or something they're willing to get rid of or something.
Yeah it sucks, but I was glad I caught it on my day off while at our shop rather than on my way to work or something. Been looking into a set of Michelin that I might pull the trigger on this weekend.

This is why I try to be mindful of where I ride, avoiding passing through construction sites where I can and instead on clean roads or what seems to be, but not always you get lucky.
Oh I always am, granted I do some hoonigan stuff but for the most part I have always looking at the road to avoid what I can. Just got rather unlucky.

I hope mine aren't wearing as fast as it looks like

im around 1800 miles and the rear already looks like its getting thin

was hoping to get around 3500 out of the rear, but we will see

I had just over 1k and they still look new on mine. Just barely wearing past the paint lines.

I can get a local shop to price match a set of Michelin Power Pure SC's at 55 for the rear and 53 for the front, but then another 60 a wheel for mounting and balance :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was washing my bike when I noticed my tire was low and eventually found a staple in my tire that was hissing air out so it must have been recent. I plugged it up so I could get around but it looks like I'm in the market for a tire or most likely a set. I know a lot of people have upgraded tires, maybe anyone have an oem one laying around they'd wanna get rid of?
Your lucky day. I was logging on to post up my stock tires for free and saw your post. I just slapped on some Dunlop TT93s and don't plan on using the stockers again. You pay shipping from 63011 and I'll send them your way. PM me with you details.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your lucky day. I was logging on to post up my stock tires for free and saw your post. I just slapped on some Dunlop TT93s and don't plan on using the stockers again. You pay shipping from 63011 and I'll send them your way. PM me with you details.
That would be awesome and greatly appreciated, I was just about to order a set of Michelin but I guess ill hold off til next season. PM'd

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Would you Kawasaki dealership have an extra tire or help you order a stock one?
Unfortunately not, and they want $75 + labor for a new one. Id rather go aftermarket for less.

Haha, I have bad experiences with slime. I'll never use it again xD

Get the power pure's and be done with it. I got a set for under $100 shipped. 120/70 and 130/70.
Got a buddy who can get them at near cost, I'm gonna hold off and swap tires next season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts