Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a BBK. The Z is my daily commuter and my escape out of the city so I've come to realize that a bit more 'oomph' would be very beneficial considering how the locals drive and my riding style and keeping up on local highways.

With a BBK, how does one go about getting their cases properly machined? Send it off to the seller (in this case Steady Garage) or find a local machine shop to do it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
with the 143cc BBK you do not need to machine the case, just drops right in.

You have to split the case if you want to go to the stroker kit though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Im laying a serious eye down on a 194cc kit from the folks at Steady. Sure it'll need a rebuild by September but it is serious bang for the buck.

All that said, it calls for the case to be machined to accommodate the new parts.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you are technical enough to install a 194cc kit yourself then you can just open up the cases with a die grinder and a shopvac. Easy to do with bare cases on a bench. Place the bigger base gasket on the cases and scribe a circle for the larger sleeve opening. Make sure you grind only enough to let the new cylinder sleeve clear properly. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself then a decent machine shop should do it for under $50. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts