Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons of a DCR cam..
Does it affect reliability long term? I would be running it with a hindle exhaust and mtake with a bazzaz controller. We talking noticeable gains?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm really on top of maintenance and oil changes so maybe I'll stop at the bazzaz, exhaust, and intake to make sure i get the longevity I'm looking for or until the warranty is up! Most of my riding is 40mph to 50mph on a couple of stretches omw to work so maybe the top end gains wouldn't benefit me too much.

·
Vendor
752 Posts
There’s not much downside. In theory, more power = less life, but we’ve never seen a motor fail on these proven mods. In fact, it’s our personal go-to favorite combo, and we value reliability over all else, because it’s no fun if it’s broken....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if Mnnthbx says it's so, it must be so! I have a bazzaz on the way from you guys and will be ordering an mtake and cam shortly 🙂

·
Registered
176 Posts
My son and myself purchased most of our stuff from mnnthbx.
They looked after us really well with prices and freight to Australia.
We are running 143kits with race head and cam lightened primary plus Bazzaz and one Bazzaz AFM so we could build maps for both bikes all from Mnnthbx.
We live in a country area so the Zs don't see much city riding it's mostly country roads with speed limits 80 to 100kph so the bikes are working hard and we give these little bikes heaps. :)
If you keep on top of oil changes and valve adjustment I can't see that there would be any problems.
At some stage I'm thinking or doing the 155 crank as well but for the moment the 143kit is heaps of fun and makes a big difference over stock 125.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts