Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im getting a really annoying buzz at about 45 mph only when im holding the throttle to sustain that speed. Sounds almost like a bee buzzing, it changes with rpm. Valve noise? I cant find it! bike has 320 miles on it surely I shouldn't have to adjust the valves already...

Registered
check license plate, or plate mount

I've had tiny noises that drove me crazy on other bikes and its usually the plate

easy way to check shove a small paper towel behind the plate before riding
if that noise goes away there was the problem

or buy a loud exhaust and then you won't hear anything

Registered
I second the advice to check your license plate. That's exactly what mine sounded like when it was bolted only through the top holes. Ended up drilling through the middle of the plate to get a third bolt to clamp it down tight.

Registered
check license plate, or plate mount

I've had tiny noises that drove me crazy on other bikes and its usually the plate

easy way to check shove a small paper towel behind the plate before riding
if that noise goes away there was the problem

or buy a loud exhaust and then you won't hear anything
The loud exhaust actually made mine worse. :surprise:
Anyway, check plate and use 4 bolts if possible.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Checked all stuff mentioned above. Def coming from the intake area under the seat. Thinking maybe the fuel injector??? Or like the butterfly in the throttle body vibrating. It's crazy annoying. Maybe it's time to take it to the dealer

Registered
Checked all stuff mentioned above. Def coming from the intake area under the seat. Thinking maybe the fuel injector??? Or like the butterfly in the throttle body vibrating. It's crazy annoying. Maybe it's time to take it to the dealer
I just dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday for the recall and I mentioned the valves are really loud. They said the first valve adjustment were to be done at 7600 miles. A tech at Kawasaki said if they felt they were too loud that Kawasaki would pay for the adjustment as it isnt covered under warranty. Plus I have a squeak in the rear end now. I only have 300 miles on my Z. They will have it for a week as I will be in Texas till Tuesday. Hopefully they find something and fix it.

Registered
I have had a squeak for a while now

its my seat, I can reproduce this with the bike turned off too and its annoying

even still hear it with the louder exhaust

Registered
My seat has a rattle if im not sitting on it. Not at idle but while riding.

Registered
also tie down rear pegs, rubber band or tape
they will move when riding, I suppose if its loud enough you could hear them making noise too

they do come pretty loose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts