Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry I could not get the pic upload and gave up, i got a 50% discount on the replacement parts, I received them in the mail today, I emailed wiseco today, I am going to get them to cut me a forged piston for it, I will try and get some pics uploaded

Any updates? We are still waiting on pictures!

·
Registered
769 Posts
What was the extent of the damage? Were you able to get away with just a piston, or did you need a new jug? Did the head and bottom end survive?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What was the extent of the damage? Were you able to get away with just a piston, or did you need a new jug? Did the head and bottom end survive?
The head survived, the valves did not, the jug got beat up, bottom end was fine, so basically I bought a piston, jug, valves and gasket kit

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Talk to diamond piston they said ($1200) to make a batch, je does 4 piston minimum on custom stuff ($800), wiseco does a 12 piston minimum, racetec can’t make a piston smaller the 81mm, so I am starting to run out of luck on getting a forged piston cut for this thing, I ordered a v2-2 cam, Ported the head and installed the new valves, really don’t want to use this piston, has a weak design around wrist pin area,

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow. That sucks.

As far as piston, best thing would to get a group buy going. But not many people with your setup that I know of. If it was a 60mm piston there would be more chance of that happening. I would go for one. 🏼

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am not giving up yet, has to be someone

Wow. That sucks.

As far as piston, best thing would to get a group buy going. But not many people with your setup that I know of. If it was a 60mm piston there would be more chance of that happening. I would go for one. 🏼

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Think a friend had his 155 blow up tonight the same way, atleast it sounded the same as mine when it came apart, I will take some pic when we tear it down

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There fun to build but I really think you have to keep the revs below 12,000rpms this bike was doing well [email protected] in the 1/8 then the mph started dropping off and it started vibrating hard right before it blowed up, hopefully t/b will help him out like they did on mine

·
Registered
9 Posts
There fun to build but I really think you have to keep the revs below 12,000rpms this bike was doing well [email protected] in the 1/8 then the mph started dropping off and it started vibrating hard right before it blowed up, hopefully t/b will help him out like they did on mine
What kind of mods do these setups have that they'll rev out past 12k?
I've got a 64mm bore, stroker crank, V2 head with the standard cam, knock-off yosh loop exhaust and an opened up intake. Power starts dropping off before my 10k redline. I'm guessing, from what I've read here, the stock throttle body is limiting the power on the top end with my setup?
I was planning on getting the TB bored out in hopes of squeezing another hp or so out of it, but that'd mean more RPM. I'm starting to think I should just keep it under 10k, and keep the OE TB, based on what you've posted.
Are these bikes using the stock injectors? My setup hits 100% duty cycle at around 9900rpm, with a 12.8 AFR and 10% ethanol fuel. At 12k my setup would need a bigger injector for sure

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have the same setup except v2-2 cam, ported head, 300 injector, e85, 32mm t/b, the bike runs it’s best 8-11,700, I had my intake welded up so I could work on the port, the intake port alone pick the bike up 2 mph in the 1/8, I am also geared 14/28

What kind of mods do these setups have that they'll rev out past 12k?
I've got a 64mm bore, stroker crank, V2 head with the standard cam, knock-off yosh loop exhaust and an opened up intake. Power starts dropping off before my 10k redline. I'm guessing, from what I've read here, the stock throttle body is limiting the power on the top end with my setup?
I was planning on getting the TB bored out in hopes of squeezing another hp or so out of it, but that'd mean more RPM. I'm starting to think I should just keep it under 10k, and keep the OE TB, based on what you've posted.
Are these bikes using the stock injectors? My setup hits 100% duty cycle at around 9900rpm, with a 12.8 AFR and 10% ethanol fuel. At 12k my setup would need a bigger injector for sure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the response.
I've been thinking about switching to E85, but I'm worried about about range. How many miles do you get out of a tank? I currently get about 80 miles. It'd probably drop to 50 with E85.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
since switching to e85 I pretty much just make 1/8 mile hits, I did ride home from Shadyside Dragway (40miles) it used almost a full tank, I say it gets 55-60 to a full tank

·
Registered
879 Posts
Did you change the fuel pump for e85? An easy way to increase octane rating is to use this stuff mixed with your fuel Accelerators you can mail order the small bottles from Summit Racing and have it in a couple of days. It worked for me the same as 105 race fuel was running, I used 91 ethanol free and like 6 ounces per gallon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Stock fuel system other then the injector, I run my mustang off e85 so I figure I would try it in the bike, on gas I have to pull about 20%, on e85 base is stock area but I had to add some fuel up top

Did you change the fuel pump for e85? An easy way to increase octane rating is to use this stuff mixed with your fuel Accelerators you can mail order the small bottles from Summit Racing and have it in a couple of days. It worked for me the same as 105 race fuel was running, I used 91 ethanol free and like 6 ounces per gallon.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts