Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
@Supermoto4444 wanted to ask if you use GPS speed or the ecu speed in the Aracer app? I’ve been using non gps speed coming from ECU or speed sensor and it is showing hard to even reach 60 mph but my other speedo (trail tech) vapor is showing 68 and I never messed with its sensor or sensor calibration. Seems odd…

even rocking a 15t sprocket which I think I may go back to 14 after some time now haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Correct. Yeah I had to tighten the locknuts at the case to get the clutch working properly again and shifting fine. My adjust at the perch is all the way in now and I have just a small amount of free play. I’ll try loosening the case adjusters in small increments to get it back to my liking. My wife says hers is fine but she’s way less picky then me. Conditions have to be PERFECT or I’m over it haha
Me too..and then check it again. Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Supermoto4444 wanted to ask if you use GPS speed or the ecu speed in the Aracer app? I’ve been using non gps speed coming from ECU or speed sensor and it is showing hard to even reach 60 mph but my other speedo (trail tech) vapor is showing 68 and I never messed with its sensor or sensor calibration. Seems odd…

even rocking a 15t sprocket which I think I may go back to 14 after some time now haha
Yes, so we all know with 14-30T (stock) the speedo is wrong and gets wronger the faster you go 🙄. I went to a 15T before I changed the rear tire and the speedo was correct...both set-ups tested by GPS comparison. Now I run a 140/70 rear tire, which is a little taller squeezed on the 3.5" rim than the stock 120/70, and the speedo is 2mph slower (45-47mph) than what I'm really doing...again, up against the Galaxy S21 GPS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, so we all know with 14-30T (stock) the speedo is wrong and gets wronger the faster you go 🙄. I went to a 15T before I changed the rear tire and the speedo was correct...both set-ups tested by GPS comparison. Now I run a 140/70 rear tire, which is a little taller squeezed on the 3.5" rim than the stock 120/70, and the speedo is 2mph slower (45-47mph) than what I'm really doing...again, up against the Galaxy S21 GPS.
So, I call it good when thrashing around town. But along the way when I would make changes or add parts, I would use GPS to know what's what with top speeds and such. Mine cruises at 55-60mph as well, like yours...no problem.

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
So, I call it good when thrashing around town. But along the way when I would make changes or add parts, I would use GPS to know what's what with top speeds and such. Mine cruises at 55-60mph as well, like yours...no problem.
same here. It’s bomb around town but when there are times to open it up or when we go on long rides it just feels sluggish at times now. Hoping the clutch needs to break in a bit still. I think I’m gonna go back to14t too. Miss the pickup!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My pleasure sirs! Stretched, lowered (rear 2") mine the other day (I'm 6'1") and went up to 140/70-12 rear tire...rides so good.
View attachment 26802 View attachment 26803 View attachment 26804
Looks supper good brother! It was a pleasure hearing your build process and also hearing about the little bumps in the road that most of us come across ( new clutch needing fine tuning, AFR adjustment ...) . Now put some time in the seat and feel all the greatness the hrs you put into this great bike got you.!

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
So unfortunately my wife’s poor bike keeps having a cold start issue. It’ll start up then slowly loose rpm then die. The only way it will restart is giving it some throttle then it fires right up. I turned the throttle screw on the manifold in a small amount which seemed to fix it but then it just did it again after sitting for a day. No issues when warm…so, I may need to do a re tune or turn the screw in even more and then mess with the Aracer idle setting

·
Registered
25 Posts
So unfortunately my wife’s poor bike keeps having a cold start issue. It’ll start up then slowly loose rpm then die. The only way it will restart is giving it some throttle then it fires right up. I turned the throttle screw on the manifold in a small amount which seemed to fix it but then it just did it again after sitting for a day. No issues when warm…so, I may need to do a re tune or turn the screw in even more and then mess with the Aracer idle setting
Here's some of my settings (never touched the idle screw)...DCR cam
Rectangle Font Office equipment Parallel Pattern
Colorfulness Font Screenshot Electronic device Parallel
Product Screenshot Font Electric blue Multimedia
..Idle @ avg 1.9-2k RPM.
Screenshot Font Electric blue Software Electronic device

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
Word thanks. I re flashed it and then used my map and setting with map share and now it’s perfect so maybe it was something off on her map. Idk, all good now 😉

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
I’ve been hesitant to try and mess with the spark angle settings but going to try it out on a run later today. Thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve been hesitant to try and mess with the spark angle settings but going to try it out on a run later today. Thanks again.
So, 1-3 degrees advance helps all the time, across the board. 7 degrees or anything of the like (you don't want to hear the stories) is just not smart. You run a 143cc with a cam, right? 1-2 degrees will help. Always.

·
Registered
2017 Z125 143BBK
34 Posts
So, 1-3 degrees advance helps all the time, across the board. 7 degrees or anything of the like (you don't want to hear the stories) is just not smart. You run a 143cc with a cam, right? 1-2 degrees will help. Always.
Yeah 143 with a cam. I input your spark and fuel accel settings and the little beast rips a bit more now. So thank you! You’ve been an unbelievable great amount of help 🤘 did you just do a bunch of reading on all this or have some tuning experience? Thanks mate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah 143 with a cam. I input your spark and fuel accel settings and the little beast rips a bit more now. So thank you! You’ve been an unbelievable great amount of help 🤘 did you just do a bunch of reading on all this or have some tuning experience? Thanks mate
Yes, a lot of reading and such on the mechanics of air/fuel mix and movement of the mixture..timing advance..hotter coils..and of course the DCR cam that definitely wakes things up! A lot of trying a common sense, deductive reason derived setting and then ripping it around to feel how it reacts...and there is no DIY specifically on the aRacer. Such as: there was a flat spot in the RPM range around 7k with the delivered aRacer ECU map...a little more fuel tuning on the chart at that RPM (grid cells in aRacer ECU) and only at above 30% throttle position, evened the flat spot out, see? Trial and error, but I am glad to share what I have learned and settings that I know work for my or similar config/build. Hit me up! I'll be checking in every so often. Enjoy!

PS - Got a new project/build...Benelli TNT 135...already put the Black Widow (UK) exhaust on. Runs so lean now. I ordered a "high flow" injector for it from Steady Garage...we'll see if that will suffice to richen it up where it will run decent without popping and feeling 'weak'. The aRacer ECU is $400 as you know...injector $80. More trial and error...the injector is not programmable, so it is what it is when it comes to how much more? fuel is actually being put into the mix...stock 135cc...we'll see and I will report findings.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

41 - 53 of 53 Posts