Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got an email back from Revzilla, they have ordered some BMC airfilters for the Z125 and they should arrive in middle to late July. No price was given so I hope they aren't stupidly expensive, but the prices on the other BMC filters that they do carry aren't horrible, on par with K&N filters. Just a short wait and we'll have a washable filter that is supposed to allow better flow, and it fits in the stock airbox for those of us who have rules we need to meet.

[edit] https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmc-air-filter-kawasaki-z125-pro-2017-2018

Price is good if it stays.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't think it's going to help at all. Foam flows well. It's the airbox itself that doesn't. I think everyone is better off with one of the other common options... Unless you are riding in the dirt.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
I don't think it's going to help at all. Foam flows well. It's the airbox itself that doesn't. I think everyone is better off with one of the other common options... Unless you are riding in the dirt.
Agreed , For most all other members here that dont have a specific need for this filter , " I agree everyone is better off with one of the other common options" that have a proven better performance . :smile2:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, if you are allowed, ditch the airbox. But if you are trying to run in a stock class or specialized group, you may need the un-modified airbox and this is your only hope to get a small amount of increase (my use case). But it also gives a filter you can wash, which can be good. Not sure it will do anything but give me the filter I can clean, but I'm going to try it.

I don't trust the email, might have hit my spam and sometimes that gets bulk emptied.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Note: If you are a dirty rotten *******, I'm pretty sure there are some undetectable ways to sneak some flow holes into a stock airbox that won't be seen unless you go through the effort to pull it out. Just saying... :D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure how or why, but it is here. Lacked the stickers I've gotten in the past. The only thing that confuses me is this:

If you want to make the highest flowing filter, why do you put a big chunk of plastic in the center? There is almost a 1 inch circle that is blocked off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
why do you put a big chunk of plastic in the center? There is almost a 1 inch circle that is blocked off.
Pretty sure that creates the new Hyper-whirlpool Velocity Ram-air effect :wink2:
Ya, thats kinda lame , if the melting on process of the logo didnt double the blockage it would be as bad
BUT ! The BMC logo going to be upside down when installed is a Deal Breaker :surprise:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts