Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all this is a basic build thread so I can try to keep track of my progress as I build the little z into my dream machine. I bought my little z on 6/2&/16 and have just been riding it trying to get it broke in. It currently has right around 260 miles on it so my mods will be limited to purely cosmetics until atleast the first check up at the dealer. So far I have ordered a tst industries integrated tail light, targa fender eliminator, and some cheap led license plate bolt lights. Can't wait to get all that stuff and get it installed. The picture is just me the day I picked it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you have matching helmet and gloves too. :grin2:
What non-cosmetic mods are you thinking about?
Gloves and helmet just happened to math lol. If you look close though you'll see my shoes match as well lol. I had them from a previous bike that I owned. As far as non cosmetics I'm thinking the basics cam, intake, exhaust, fuel controller. Not looking to go super fast or anything but I would like to maintain speed a little better when hauling my son.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lol that's a pretty nice coincidence it all matches up ahah ;) but I'm really wondering what they put out when the cam, intake, exhaust, and fuel controller are all running properly with each other...?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol that's a pretty nice coincidence it all matches up ahah ;) but I'm really wondering what they put out when the cam, intake, exhaust, and fuel controller are all running properly with each other...?
I also wonder what they do together. I'm sure someone around here has to know. Basically I want to be able to make enough power to jump up a tooth on the front sprocket that way I can cruise faster at lower Rpms

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have confirmed that I have the only z125 in my area. The other dealer here got one in but it was the grey color and is going to be headed out to Wisconsin I believe is what he said.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Follow Motorcyclist Online's YouTube channel for this. They've done a Yosh exhaust and a DCR cam so far and they Dyno test after each mod.

You can expect them to add a Fuel Controller, Chimera Intake and other performance mods as they become available and each manufacturer sends them a free sample for testing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorcyclistMag/search?query=z125?&ab_channel=MotorcyclistMagazine

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow Motorcyclist Online's YouTube channel for this. They've done a Yosh exhaust and a DCR cam so far and they Dyno test after each mod.

You can expect them to add a Fuel Controller, Chimera Intake and other performance mods as they become available and each manufacturer sends them a free sample for testing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorcyclistMag/search?query=z125?&ab_channel=MotorcyclistMagazine
Thanks for that I already subscribed and will be patiently waiting for more videos.

·
Registered
440 Posts

I've been taking a look at that actually, eagerly awaiting to see the grand results ! It's pretty cool to see the Z on the dyno too.. that was majority of my entertainment there

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so much cleaner with a fender eliminator. Do you plan to add a set of rear signal lights back in or leave it as is?
Thank you......I'm not planning to add any signals to the rear since I think the tst tail light is sufficient. if I have to though I guess I would consider it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those green levers look a lot better on the bike than I thought they did initially. Really starting to grow on me. Plan on stretching the bike a little ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those green levers look a lot better on the bike than I thought they did initially. Really starting to grow on me. Plan on stretching the bike a little ?
Maybe later on down the road but I really want to lower it a little first

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did some more stuff this weekend. Added tst industries flush mount led front signals and their flasher relay. Also ditched the stock mirrors for a single round bar end mirror that I stole off my ruckus. I guess that's it really other then breaking the 600 mile mark in less than three weeks. I'll post up some more pics when I learn how to use the stupid attachment manager.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The attachment manager is definitely a pain... I just end up hosting the image on tinypic or something and using the

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The attachment manager is definitely a pain... I just end up hosting the image on tinypic or something and using the url thingy[/quote]

I tried t that way but couldn't get it work right from photobucket..... Guess I'll try again when I'm not at work.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts