Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening ladies and gents. I’m having an issue where my bike bogs if I blip the throttle at idle or low rpm and even dies sometimes. I thought it was my Otb Velocity Intake Plate but I just installed an Mtake and it’s still doing it. It sometimes backfired out the intake in sync with the bog when downshifting at low rpm and it backfired a little with the mtake earlier today. There is no bogging whatsoever above 3k rpm. I do have a Hoedar ECU so fuel is good. So is this normal or might it be my Hotbodies Mgp exhaust since I can’t get the bike above 58 mph gps for crap. Bike has just under 500 miles. I really appreciate the incoming help, thanks all. I just uploaded this issue on YouTube a few hours ago.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RTsKBetzWRI

·
Registered
875 Posts
Might be worth a try to toss the OEM ECU back on the bike and see if the issue goes away. That would rule in/out ECU, tune, configuration, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good evening ladies and gents. I’m having an issue where my bike bogs if I blip the throttle at idle or low rpm and even dies sometimes. I thought it was my Otb Velocity Intake Plate but I just installed an Mtake and it’s still doing it. It sometimes backfired out the intake in sync with the bog when downshifting at low rpm and it backfired a little with the mtake earlier today. There is no bogging whatsoever above 3k rpm. I do have a Hoedar ECU so fuel is good. So is this normal or might it be my Hotbodies Mgp exhaust since I can’t get the bike above 58 mph gps for crap. Bike has just under 500 miles. I really appreciate the incoming help, thanks all. I just uploaded this issue on YouTube a few hours ago.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RTsKBetzWRI

Mine was doing the same thing, it would die off the line at times. Just needed to have the tune tweaked a little bit and now it runs great with no issues at all.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Did Chris resolve it for your or was it something you did on your own? I've got my Hoedar in the mail... If my bike starts doing the same thing it would be nice to have this in my back pocket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be worth a try to toss the OEM ECU back on the bike and see if the issue goes away. That would rule in/out ECU, tune, configuration, etc.
Good idea though I believe it might have been doing this since the original ecu was originally paired with the otb intake and mgp exhaust but I’ll try it again tonight just to make sure. If it still does it it might just be this crap exhaust.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did Chris resolve it for your or was it something you did on your own? I've got my Hoedar in the mail... If my bike starts doing the same thing it would be nice to have this in my back pocket.
I had Chris knock it out after he tuned my new Hoedar for my 192cc big bore Zuma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts