Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Z runs good on flat ground but going up hills it slows way down. If I install a 134 cc big bore kit will it fix my issue? Just cyc, piston and rings was I all I wanted to do.

·
Super Moderator
1,895 Posts
You didn't say if your still totally stock, But a BBK alone will probably not get you where you want.

Just cyc, piston and rings was I all I wanted to do.
Count on $800.00 + to make a significant improvement
See this thread for reference

·
Vendor
693 Posts
The 143 and a tuner will make it an entirely different bike. We use and sell more of these kits than probably anyone in the US. The stock head is for sure the weak link on the Z...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 143 and a tuner will make it an entirely different bike. We use and sell more of these kits than probably anyone in the US. The stock head is for sure the weak link on the Z...
Ok i will get the 143 base kit w/o primary and striker crank. The piston looks cheap compared to stock. Does it last? Also should I get a Bizzas fuel mapper? What else should I get?

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes you will need a tuner either a direct ecu such as aracer or piggy back system (bazzaz, power commander, etc). I believe if you buy the bazzaz and the bbk from mnnthbx they will provide you a tuned map.

·
Vendor
693 Posts
Ok i will get the 143 base kit w/o primary and striker crank. The piston looks cheap compared to stock. Does it last? Also should I get a Bizzas fuel mapper? What else should I get?
The stroker (155) is great for sure, but it’s not required, as the standard 143 is light years ahead of stock. They’re super reliable. You can find several failures online, however poor tuning can blow nearly anything up. We’ve used and sold a LOT of these kits, and have never had a single issue, but we do have solid fuel maps we rely on (and provide free to customers).

·
Vendor
693 Posts
@mnnhbx if I get the 143 kit with new head do you know where I can get installed?
99% do it themselves. With general fundamentals, it's actually fairly easy stuff. Outside of that, I'd locate a reputable local shop. We can take care of the fuel mapping on our end, so you simply need the parts on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone know a shop in the Chicago/Milwaukee area that knows what they are doing to install a big bore kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts