Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new helmet, the one I’ve been eyeballing for about a month, the Icon Airflite. Got it in post today, tried it on and it fit almost perfectly! A little snug around the cheek area but that’ll break in just fine. I digress..

As I’m taking the helmet off and on over and over I smudged up the visor pretty bad, and after a ride, there was some gunk on the inside and outside of the main visor, and there were some pretty bad streaks on the inner, flip down visor. I tried some ammonia free glass cleaner, but it streaked like a mug. So on to my question!

What do YOU use to clean your visor?
Is there a certain kind of rag? And more importantly, is there a certain spray or liquid that’s really good? Maybe there’s a method for getting things perfectly clean? I want to, no... need to know! I don’t like having smudges or road grime on my shield, it’s super distracting!

Let me know what you use! Hopefully it’s something I can buy online at amazon, revzilla, JP, etc.

What works for you?

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism you may offer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Take visor off and run under warm water for a few minutes. Then clear out debris and dry with micro fiber towel

I've heard people swear by polishing products and fortnine does a comparison of the different products. I can't remember the result -

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Micro towel dish soap and water. In a pinch water only. Water (and 5 minutes of time) softens and frees up the bugs. Do not use paper towels of chemicals on visor.
Easy enough.. thanks!

Take visor off and run under warm water for a few minutes. Then clear out debris and dry with micro fiber towel

I've heard people swear by polishing products and fortnine does a comparison of the different products. I can't remember the result -
Sounds good. Thanks for the video link!

·
Registered
6 Posts
After mine is clean from just water and a micro fiber, ill add a layer of car wax and buff off. I run iridium shields and if they get scratched it looks like poop. Lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
I've always carried a microfiber and a tiny spray bottle of diluted simple green to dissolve bugs. Does that Motul product smell as good as Simple Green?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I used to use Plexus as it really makes the rain bead off your helmet, but it's a polish... once the polish wears off, your visor is scratched until you apply another coat. I now just use hot water and a microfiber cloth... Might have to pick up some of that Motul stuff tho...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just use wet paper towel wipe it over get all the bugs and crap off then dry it off with dry paper towel.
I don’t use any solvents on my helmet or visor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts