Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now if I attempt to cruise along the road at 55mph, the bike sits at 8k RPM. which to me, is too high to be cruising at. But I do a lot of miles and most of the roads have a 55-60mph limit. So i don't want to ride too slow and become a slow moving target for people to get road rage at...

So, has anyone here geared their bike to cruise 55mph at 7k rpm or lower? If so, what sprockets did you use?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Bottom line ............
Are you willing to give up racing light to light speed for more top end ?
Is your bike totally stock ?
sorry , but how much to you weigh ?
sounds like your driving freeway or highway ? but is your commute mostly flat land or hilly, semi-steep roads

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I weigh 185, will be 175 in 60 days or less.

I live in Florida. The only hills I see are overpasses. Also at sea level. When the bike was 100% show room floor stock, i was able to hit the governor at 67mph. In a full tuck of course...

I don't care about light to light drag racing on this bike. It's a 125cc with 8.5hp stock. I have other stuff for power.

Now with a custom 3d printed intake and an exhaust i designed and built myself. I will be adding a tuner soon to maximize those upgrades as well as doing as much aero upgrades as i can.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Sounds like you could try a 15T counter-sprocket , since you have light weight, and flat land thing going for you ... But still just a maybe if you read the other posts .. but worth a try for 15 bucks ...if it works and you want to try to get even more aggressive of a change you could try a 28 tooth (dont know if thats even avail' myself ?) rear sprocket as well but i think all of us here would be surprised if that works.
Some mod's i did for the 15 tooth . your bike my be different ?
http://www.z125owners.com/forum/wha...25-today/13858-15t-countershaft-sprocket.html
Just my .02 :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
3d printer??

I weigh 185, will be 175 in 60 days or less.

I live in Florida. The only hills I see are overpasses. Also at sea level. When the bike was 100% show room floor stock, i was able to hit the governor at 67mph. In a full tuck of course...

I don't care about light to light drag racing on this bike. It's a 125cc with 8.5hp stock. I have other stuff for power.

Now with a custom 3d printed intake and an exhaust i designed and built myself. I will be adding a tuner soon to maximize those upgrades as well as doing as much aero upgrades as i can.
You are printing parts?? Anyway you would be interested in making a cafe racer style front fender? I have been looking for one and can't find anything. I replaced the front tire and had to lift my oem fender 2" and I don't like the way it looks anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are printing parts?? Anyway you would be interested in making a cafe racer style front fender? I have been looking for one and can't find anything. I replaced the front tire and had to lift my oem fender 2" and I don't like the way it looks anymore.
possibly. Contact me directly through Instagram ktec_eng

I have things I have printed posted there. I occasionally do custom parts for people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts