Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for input on the best fuel controller for the Z. I am NOT a fan of cutting into harnesses and scotch locks made me crazy!
I'm running very lean currently, tan ground electrode and white insulator… so I need to act fast!

Thanks,
---Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
right now the bazazz controller is thw best until the new power commander 5 comes out for it. i used the scotch locks havent had any issues and its only 2 wires u have to do that too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for input on the best fuel controller for the Z. I am NOT a fan of cutting into harnesses and scotch locks made me crazy!
I'm running very lean currently, tan ground electrode and white insulator… so I need to act fast!

Thanks,
---Mike

funny you say your running lean
im used to cardboard color on the porcelain and slight color on the metal

here is mine with exhaust, intake and bazzaz with mnnthbx tune
and plug has decent amount of miles on it, enough to show any color

now I feared I was lean, until I connected my wideband and actually found at least on the top end, (which is most important to me) I was around 12.3 I think which is still on the richer side since you can go to over 13 and still be fine and of course super rich would be in the 10's

I will admit in the past when I only went off color, then later when I got my wideband and retested they were pretty rich
much richer then I had thought
so maybe going off color only, and just having a touch of color is good enough

of course my plug in the photo had no color at all

in a few months I will check back see if any shows up
unless I big bore I don't think I will be doing anymore mods that require new tuning

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight everyone!

I know its just two wires, I just wish it was 100% plug in. I will always be haunted by wiring issues on trailers caused by those **** taps!!!

Have a safe ride!

---mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
We (Woolich Racing) are hoping to have our ECU tuning/data loggers/auto tuners available soon as well. Since we don't have them ready to go just yet, I myself am having to use a Bazzaz as the PCV wasn't available. No complaints about it other than it takes up a s..t ton of room (in comparison to our products) and there are no timing adjustments available with this unit and these little bikes like to have some timing added.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We (Woolich Racing) are hoping to have our ECU tuning/data loggers/auto tuners available soon as well. Since we don't have them ready to go just yet, I myself am having to use a Bazzaz as the PCV wasn't available. No complaints about it other than it takes up a s..t ton of room (in comparison to our products) and there are no timing adjustments available with this unit and these little bikes like to have some timing added.
Glad I'm waiting for all the fun stuff!

·
447 Posts

The PowerCommander V, is now in stock.

It's nearly OEM plug-n-play. except for the 1 wire that taps off the TPS signal. Other then that, it's all OEM plugs for everything else.

In addition you also get, Ignition Timing control (this is huge for the little bikes, as you can usually gain nearly 10% more power by advancing the timing around (4-6 degrees)
You also get Rev Limit raise(if you want), and add-ons like Autotune, Quick Shifters, and LCD / POD Display.

We will have an Complete Writeup, review and install video later today.

Reactions: Camocrocs and J.B

·
Registered
20 Posts
Who has the PC-V without the auto tune that can tell me what to expect straight out of the box? I don't have a lap top, only tablets, so the tuning may be an issue.
I dont want to buy the auto tune if it is not needed.
Dyno Jet does not show additional maps for download for our bike yet.

I have an Ixill exhaust, Chimera intake and don't plan on adding anything else until the cam and big bore kits get sorted.

Thanks

·
447 Posts

No worries.

We've begun building our own map database.

We can pre-load a specific map for you upon request when you place the order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just talked to the nice lady in the office and was told it would be a what Dyno Jet ships and nothing extra??? Who do I need to ask for when I call?

·
447 Posts
Just talked to the nice lady in the office and was told it would be a what Dyno Jet ships and nothing extra??? Who do I need to ask for when I call?

Just mis-communication.
Yes, if you just order it from our website, and make no special request, then it will ship to you as it did to us from DJ.

But, .... upon customer request.... we can pre-load a custom map for you, before we ship it.

That way when you get it...... it's plug-n-play.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yoshimura Tech said that the RS-2 exhaust was designed for use with no air/fuel modification necessary.
Is there a benefit by installing a power commander with your custom map for the RS-2 (I assume you have a map for that exhaust)
or disadvantage by not installing the power commander with the RS-2 (popping or lean mixture)?

·
447 Posts

This is true.
You can use a full exhaust, without a Fuel Controller.
Plenty of guys have done it.
But.......... the bike Will run better, make more power, accelerate harder....... with a lower air fuel ratio like 13.5 A/F .
The only way to get that, is a fuel controller.

Because of current EPA and emissions, nearly all bikes are setup from the manufacturer around 14.7 - 15.0 A/F Ratio.

This is fine for just cruising, or if you are making 150 + hp.

But, for a bike only making 8 -9 hp...... we all need every bit of extra power we can muster out of this bike.
Adding more fuel (in the right areas) will lower the A/F Ratio down to a more optimal 13.5 - 13.2 A/F

It really just comes down to what you want out of your bike.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've added I think 3 maps for the bazzaz if anyone is interested its on there site
1 map is for the 143cc big bore

all using the auto tune

also will be putting a map for a scooter I have too on there site

but to add a map you will need access to a windows computer to do it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Will either of these two run on a mac? I'm guessing no...
I don't think so
I have a mac but its a desktop so never tried to run the software
but download it and try im sure you will find out right away

I ended up having to get a cheap $200 windows laptop

I would really like to find a tablet that could run it, something I could get a ram mount for and use connected to my handlebars to watch whats going on

and something tiny I could carry with me and I can make maps a lot easier
especially when I ride 4000ft higher elevation it doesn't run so great
would be cool to make a quick map on the go

1 - 20 of 58 Posts