Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the fence of which exhaust system to go with and would like to know if anyone has experienced any real major gains going with one over another!
As of now im leaning towards a full Leo Vince but not sure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Any exhaust that's attached to a bigger engine. ;-)

Really though, I would imagine you would get bigger gains out of intake modification, but no matter what you do to this little engine you aren't going to get much out of it until you dump loads of money into it, like a turbo. I haven't looked much into it, but it looks like Groms gain around 1 hp(at the wheel) with exhaust AND intake. I guess in the grand scheme of things a 10-12% power increase may not be too bad.

Anyone have links to before and after dynos for Z125 exhaust mods?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's a bit pricey but it pulls quite a bit harder and is sooo much smoother and responsive now. So far I'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would probably not even bother with the intake and exhaust and just go with a BBK. I did not realize how big of a difference my BBK made until I rode my friends Z125 last night that had an intake and full exhaust. The difference between my bike and his was night and day! It was not even close. I am running stock exhaust because I like my bikes quiet with stock intake. It's not that much more to buy the BBK and head instead of a pipe and an intake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my bike from the original owner with the Werkes exhaust. I really love the "underneath" design. It also has an 18mm bung if you decide to get the Auto Tuner w/ a PCV. You won't notice much of anything with the exhaust alone, but throw some more air and fuel at it as well and you'll notice some gains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would probably not even bother with the intake and exhaust and just go with a BBK. I did not realize how big of a difference my BBK made until I rode my friends Z125 last night that had an intake and full exhaust. The difference between my bike and his was night and day! It was not even close. I am running stock exhaust because I like my bikes quiet with stock intake. It's not that much more to buy the BBK and head instead of a pipe and an intake.

When adding a BBK, what else do you need to buy for it to work properly? Or will every kit come with everything needed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with the Hindle exhaust. I didn't notice any real difference in the power. It is pretty loud now that it has "broke in". I knew I was not going to hang any power, but I am a very firm believer in loud exhaust on motorcycles. Cars will almost always hear you before they see you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts