Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im a big Kawasaki fan and carnt wait to get my z125 as i have the big brother z1000 and its a blast! But ive noticed benelli have bought out a tnt125 and boy does it look good! I was wondering whats you're thought on it and is the k125 still the better buy as the benelli is cheaper here in oz too? Cheers!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just one comment - Today, Benelli is about as Italian as an order of General Tso's chicken.

That said, some makers output is beginning to taste like pad thai or curry chicken. But who's in charge determines the quality, and bikes of Japanese design are going to be better quality no matter where they are made.

Chinese quality is getting way better that it was years ago but it's not there yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like the looks of the Benelli, but it is a tad on the heavy side for this class and quality is up in the air. Considering your location, check out the Beta 125 dual sport if you want small displacement, lightweight, and a bit more pep. It's the only other 125 that I like as much or more than the Z125, but it is a bit more pricey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just one comment - Today, Benelli is about as Italian as an order of General Tso's chicken.

That said, some makers output is beginning to taste like pad thai or curry chicken. But who's in charge determines the quality, and bikes of Japanese design are going to be better quality no matter where they are made.

Chinese quality is getting way better that it was years ago but it's not there yet.
I do like chicken:grin2: yeah i think you are right about it being chinese and how reliable it will be later down the track!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Z125 Pro vs TNT 135

Reviving this thread to post an article that wandered across my Google feed today.

There's another thread about the Benelli Tornado but this seemed more logical here. The test bike being registered in CA certainly makes me think they are available in the US now. Lemme know what y'all think.

Z125 vs TNT 135

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
By Nic de Sena / / / Nic de Sena is a Nin com poop
lost all faith in his report after reading this ..........
.For the sportiest riders, you’ll have a bit more cornering clearance on the Benelli before finding the footpegs or kickstand.
In any of the side by side pictures the Z' pegs are Waaaay higher. Compare pegs to Axles Centerlines
And ..............
He says / and one fewer cog in the gearbox.
Benelli has a 6 speed and the Z' a 4 speed / But not exactly sure what a cog means to him?
He also forgot to mention the bike is 40 lbs heavier / Thats a huge factor to me .
and the entire motor head is straight up weight (top heavy) and all of it is Waaaaay above the pegs
VS the Z' with only half/that of its weight is above the pegs with the level head (lower center of gravity)
Like the looks, Love the exhaust tip, But its a no-go for me.....
Benelli
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/benelli_tnt_135_2018.php
Z125 Pro
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_z125_pro_2017.php

·
Registered
60 Posts
By Nic de Sena / / / Nic de Sena is a Nin com poop
lost all faith in his report after reading this ..........
.For the sportiest riders, you’ll have a bit more cornering clearance on the Benelli before finding the footpegs or kickstand.
In any of the side by side pictures the Z' pegs are Waaaay higher. Compare pegs to Axles Centerlines
And ..............
He says / and one fewer cog in the gearbox.
Benelli has a 6 speed and the Z' a 4 speed / But not exactly sure what a cog means to him?
He also forgot to mention the bike is 40 lbs heavier / Thats a huge factor to me .
and the entire motor head is straight up weight (top heavy) and all of it is Waaaaay above the pegs
VS the Z' with only half/that of its weight is above the pegs with the level head (lower center of gravity)
Like the looks, Love the exhaust tip, But its a no-go for me.....
Benelli
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/benelli_tnt_135_2018.php
Z125 Pro
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_z125_pro_2017.php
The Benelli is a 5 speed.

·
Registered
896 Posts
...For the sportiest riders, you’ll have a bit more cornering clearance on the Benelli before finding the footpegs or kickstand.
Psssh! Everyone knows that centerline clearance equates to cornering clearance right? It's not like the tires are in the way or something. =P (/s)

I did not know our bikes were made in Thailand, which makes me feel better about being tempted by Thailand knock-off exhausts. (Meh, global economy, my daily driver is a Mexican made Italian car.)

I think the main take-away I got from the comparison is "If you are going to make a small, underpowered bike, commit to the concept, don't do it halfway." The Z is a mini bike, a toy that you can commute on. The Benelli is....????? a good deal?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I remember one reviewer saying the TNT's headlight is terrible and another saying the speedo is off about 10%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts