Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running the Trail Bikes 143cc big bore with the Trail Bikes 143cc V2 race head and the race cam that come in the V2 head. I am running the stock pipe/muffler because I want to keep the bike quiet. I tried an intake, but I actually lost low end power and had no gains on the top end, so I put the stock airbox back on. I have the Bazzaz and my mechanic that helped install the kit tuned it for me with his Bazzaz self mapper. This is what my map looks like after he accepted the recommended settings. Any suggestions I can make to the map to improve power? I have the software on my computer, I just don't own the self mapping tool yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
without the self mapping tool you are flying blind. but judging by the fuel map u have allot of fuel taken out the low end big cams tend to like a little bit richer on the low end and then taper out to a slighly leaner afr thats what i have found to be the case. now the stock exhaust is defenitly choking you on power since the motor cant exhale all the air its trying to take in especially since the valves in these heads are huge compared to stock. even if you were to have a spot on tune it the gains would be minimal. My recommendation would be to throw the bazaaz away get a pcv and a pipe.

·
Vendor
685 Posts
the bazazz self mapper is a piece of trash dont trust the readings thery are off by atleast 1.0afr acording to my aem unit
Interesting difference of opinion, but there is no better mapper period, and it utilizes the latest Bosch sensor. Question the tuner (the man, not the product). Without AFR values, or knowing what his goals were, the numbers are meaningless. Anybody can make a Bazzaz or PCV run poorly, if they don't understand what they're doing. If you switch to a PCV and your bike is faster, it's only because you lost the weight of $300 in your pocket....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Interesting difference of opinion, but there is no better mapper period, and it utilizes the latest Bosch sensor. Question the tuner (the man, not the product). Without AFR values, or knowing what his goals were, the numbers are meaningless. Anybody can make a Bazzaz or PCV run poorly, if they don't understand what they're doing. If you switch to a PCV and your bike is faster, it's only because you lost the weight of $300 in your pocket....
its very interesting but figured id share my experience. then again thats just me my dissatisfaction could be another persons satisfaction. i wasnt very happy with either piggy back system so i went a completely different route. thats just me tho hopfully he can get it sorted out and be happy

·
Registered
145 Posts
I might go with the PC due to its timing control, but already have the Bazzaz and happy with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to run the self mapping tool again tomorrow and see if anything changes. Can anyone provide on the optimal air fuel ratio based on the BBK and the V2 race head and cam? I was running the Bazzaz defaults, but I know those were based on a stock motor. Didn't know if the ideal AFRs change with the addition of the TB kit?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am going to run the self mapping tool again tomorrow and see if anything changes. Can anyone provide on the optimal air fuel ratio based on the BBK and the V2 race head and cam? I was running the Bazzaz defaults, but I know those were based on a stock motor. Didn't know if the ideal AFRs change with the addition of the TB kit?
13.0 should work well

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree that an AFR of 13.0 is a good setting but stop and think about what mods you have done so far. You have increased the displacement by 18cc and added a higher flowing cylinder head & camshaft. So you have increased the airflow into the engine but have you increased the fuel flow into the motor? The stock injector flows 105cc/minute and I think you might have exceeded it's limit. I found out on my big bore engine that while the numbers on the map had increased, the resulting AFR was still lean, indicating the engine was not getting any additional fuel. So I installed a Ninja 300 injector rated at 200cc/minute and I then had to trim fuel from the map to get it back to 13.0 AFR. I am running a ported stock head with a bigger bore and camshaft so I had added quite a bit more airflow and needed to add more fuel capacity. You could try a KX250F injector but they flow even more fuel than the EX300 injector. The 300 injectors are about $100 new or $40 on eBay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Thanks for the info. I am going to do some runs with the self mapper tomorrow & will report back with the results.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it for a test run last night. These are the AFRs and the recommended changes that I made. I am going to do another test run tonight. I want to say Bazzaz has excellent customer service. I called them yesterday before I reinstalled the self mapping tool and emailed them my current readings. They scheduled for me to call them today and stated they would help me with everything and make sure the product is working properly.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts