Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
strange we have different colors

I wonder what the service manual states as the correct color?
because we now have 3 different colors used for the running light so far

blue, brown, and red
The red wire I connected to is brown on the other side of the connector. Maybe they ran out of wire on mnntbx's bike and used blue. :eek:

Discussion starter · #43 ·
OK, id like to make this point.... I like to help everyone as much as possible, as an enthusiast. That said, we get lots of requests for maps, and when I ask for customer info, about a 3rd say "I bought it somewhere else". That's perfectly fine, but... As with all our products, we're priced fairly. Yes, you can probably surf the entire internet, and find it a few dollars cheaper, but we put lots of time and effort into providing long term service, such as quality maps. Please don't ask us for a map if you didn't buy the Bazzaz from us. Free maps are a fair reward for your support. I assure you the value of having a spot on, drop-in map is far greater than the $9 you saved on the Bazzaz from some unheard of shop that doesn't support this community....

OK, id like to make this point.... I like to help everyone as much as possible, as an enthusiast. That said, we get lots of requests for maps, and when I ask for customer info, about a 3rd say "I bought it somewhere else". That's perfectly fine, but... As with all our products, we're priced fairly. Yes, you can probably surf the entire internet, and find it a few dollars cheaper, but we put lots of time and effort into providing long term service, such as quality maps. Please don't ask us for a map if you didn't buy the Bazzaz from us. Free maps are a fair reward for your support. I assure you the value of having a spot on, drop-in map is far greater than the $9 you saved on the Bazzaz from some unheard of shop that doesn't support this community....

That being said did you guys make any more refinements since the first map that was sent out to your customers? I've been running yours probably with the best performance it feels thus far just wondering if you got any farther with fine tuning.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
We continued testing maps for that set-up, but found what we've released to be spot on for that set-up. Customer feedback has reflected the same. As soon as we drop a cam in, we'll revisit and build additional maps.

Are you going to drop in the DCR cam? I ordered it the other day. I'm going to install it with the rest of the stuff I ordered from you guys last week. I also ordered that 143 BBK kit. Based on the the dyno below, I think I will pull 12hp, hopefully :). I was wondering does it matter while self mapping if the motor is under a load? i was thinking of suspending the rear wheel while running the mapping software but if it needs to be under a load then I will ride it for awhile. I am also googling and doing some reading on this, just wanted to know what you thought.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Are you going to drop in the DCR cam? I ordered it the other day. I'm going to install it with the rest of the stuff I ordered from you guys last week. I also ordered that 143 BBK kit. Based on the the dyno below, I think I will pull 12hp, hopefully :). I was wondering does it matter while self mapping if the motor is under a load? i was thinking of suspending the rear wheel while running the mapping software but if it needs to be under a load then I will ride it for awhile. I am also googling and doing some reading on this, just wanted to know what you thought.
With a solid tune, you'll do better than 12hp... Map it on the street. We like to ride for 15+ minutes, hitting all RPMs, and all styles of throttle control.

simple to setup confusing to use. once upon a time I had everything dialed in and I decided to change my map thinking I could easily change it back but now I'm unable to get my bike running normal again even after using the self mapping unit. does it send the info directly to the fuel controller as I ride? and is it using the previous stored map when I turn it back to self map mode? I applied my changes after an hour of riding a couple times now and I'm still getting over revs when I go to gun the throttle. It's like I'm engaging the clutch all of a sudden in mid throttle and I'm losing power instead of gaining.
reading these maps is like trying to read Chinese. Even if I use a blank map it runs like crap. :( any suggestions would be nice

Attachments

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Surprised to hear that. The process couldn't be much easier, start/stop/apply per the how-to video on our site. Based on your description, it sounds like your experiencing a clutch problem not related to the tuner. As always, feel free to contact us directly and we'll be glad to help you through it.

I bought a new Z about 3 weeks ago. Love it so far, fun bike.
I couldn't help myself so I started to buy parts.
I Got the full yosh and chimera intake.
My question is what should I buy for a fuel controller. What goes best with this setup. I dont have access to a laptop or a Dino. Would like something set up for it for best result or something that works right away as you go.
Also is it normal in stock form for the bike to not be able to get to redline in 4th. Best I got was 9000 rpms. little wind and in full tuck 5ft 10in and 185 pounds.
Right now leaning towards the bazzaz but which one?

I just installed the intake last night. Will do the exhaust this weekend.
All I can say is wow. No difference in top speed only hitting 64.
But the bike came alive, it shifts and revs really quick.
It sounds great too.
It feels alot smoother and response is better.
Looking forward to putting on the pipe and ordering a fuel controller.

already have the intake and exhaust on but running into a 8000 rpm limit so i said screw it and just ordered the bazzaz standard controller. **crosses fingers for lightning fast shipping** lol i understand it is the weekend now but a guy can hope.

update, after a lot of looking for information to setup the bazzaz and maps i have decided for me it was a poor choice and will be ordering a PCV and cancelling/returning the bazzaz. i have sent an email to MNNTHBX as a reply to my order receipt in hopes they can cancel it before they ship it out, as i cannot find a phone number to contact them directly. posting here hoping they might see it as well.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
update, after a lot of looking for information to setup the bazzaz and maps i have decided for me it was a poor choice and will be ordering a PCV and cancelling/returning the bazzaz. i have sent an email to MNNTHBX as a reply to my order receipt in hopes they can cancel it before they ship it out, as i cannot find a phone number to contact them directly. posting here hoping they might see it as well.
ALWAYS contact us through our site for instant service. Forums, IG,FB, etc, are not continuously monitored. Hopefully what ever road you go down works well for you, but there's no situation we've ever run into, where we couldn't easily utilize the Bazzaz to make a bike fast and reliable.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.