Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
stupid question, but can the bazaaz change the rev limiter limit?

I only seem to hit in in 2nd gear and would like to be able to raise it up a little
Better to change the gearing than the rev limiter. Each time you rev the bike past redline, cut your crank life span by 40%.

I'm sure these can handle at least 10,000 safely

I think changing the gearing may not work too well with as many hills around here
there are some very long hills I have a hard time staying at a safe speed
but maybe one day I will try that

I think I had read changing the counter sprocket 1 tooth is like doing 3 in the rear

so maybe it would be wiser for me to change the rear 1-2 smaller if that sprocket exists that way its not too much of a change

just used to my klx 250 that redlines at 10,500 so when I get limited to around 9800 its strange having to shift so early

Just installed the Bazzaz on my Z125. Take note, the installation video is wrong for where the switched power wire connects. Installit on the RED wire, not the BLUE wire. The red wire is for the tail light, the blue wire is for the brake light. Other than that, installation is fairly straight forward. The speed sensor connector is a pain to get to, go at it from the rear of the bike next to the shock. I'll report back on performance once I get a chance to play with it.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Just installed the Bazzaz on my Z125. Take note, the installation video is wrong for where the switched power wire connects. Installit on the RED wire, not the BLUE wire. The red wire is for the tail light, the blue wire is for the brake light. Other than that, installation is fairly straight forward. The speed sensor connector is a pain to get to, go at it from the rear of the bike next to the shock. I'll report back on performance once I get a chance to play with it.
Interesting... The printed directions actually state the "red" wire, though there wasn't a red wire on our bike, so we tested when we did the vid, and on OUR bike, it was the factory blue...

If you have time, shoot me a few photos of that specific connection directly to me at mnnthbx@hotmail.com so I can compare your stock wiring to ours, and edit the video as needed.

Enjoy the new bike!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Thanks for the pics. After you ride a few times, the light will self clear. It's some Kawi function of having those connections briefly unplugged. Nothing to worry about there. Ours did the same. Grip it and rip it.

my bike used the brown wire to connect for power
may be safe to say, of course depending on how you look at the connector
to use the left side wire
or just verify it with a volt meter before installing

as for any instructions, mine had none
I had to watch the install video

and it will light up when powered on

my bike used the brown wire to connect for power
may be safe to say, of course depending on how you look at the connector
to use the left side wire
or just verify it with a volt meter before installing

as for any instructions, mine had none
I had to watch the install video

and it will light up when powered on

I used the other side which is red. My guess is quality control on the taiwan made bikes isn't quite to Japanese specs.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.