Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

BAZZAZ Fuel Controllers!

38K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  mnnthbx 
#1 · (Edited)
Bazzaz has just released their Z125 ZFi controllers, and we'll have the first units released. For those unfamiliar, having the ability to richen bikes, build custom maps, and tune unlocks the potential of all other aftermarket items such as exhaust and intake, adding both substantial performance and safe operation. Bazzaz is an American company and is at the forefront of EFI technology. We've used them and sold them for a long time, and know first hand how effective and user friendly these units are... As always, we'll be doing lots of testing and logging various custom maps for customer use shortly. http://www.mnnthbx.com/z125.html

Benefits

'Wakes up' performance
Crisp and responsive throttle
Smooths out throttle transitions
HP and torque gains

How it Works

Power is dependent on how well the air / fuel mixture is ignited in the cylinder.
Air / fuel ratio (AFR) is controlled by the Engine Control Unit (ECU).
Bazzaz fuel controllers piggy back onto the ECU, intercepting the signals sent to the fuel injectors and modifying them.
The precise data for these changes is stored in the fuel controller in the form of a fuel map.

Who needs it?

Every vehicle can benefit from fuel tuning.
Stock vehicles may come with an air/fuel mixture that can be too lean or too rich in various areas, affecting performance.
Vehicles with any modifications (such as exhaust or high-flow filters) must have their fueling tuned to accommodate the change in air volume to the AFR.
Variables in fuel tuning include: fuel blend or type, engine wear, exhaust, filter, engine modifications, air temperature, air pressure, and humidity.

Install Video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWi8YCvOnNY&feature=youtu.be

Some reviews starting to roll in on our mapping provided to our customers... http://www.z125owners.com/forum/kawasaki-z125-general-discussion/3849-bazzaz-maps-2.html

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! Will you be making maps for various things you sell, like the Yosh pipe with or without your intake? I know a custom map is better, but a "generic" one is pretty darn close. How do you like Bazzazz? I've only ever used PowerCommander. Do they have an autotune function? I must start saving, LOL!

#5 ·
The base map is better than stock, but to answer your question, yes, we'll be building a library of maps, including just the Yosh, Yosh plus our nearly released intake, and various other popular combos...

By design, our business is a boutique shop, in that we limit what we sell to what we personally prefer to use. We've always preferred the Bazzaz slightly over the Power Commander, though they'll both work well and are the only two legitimate options in our opinion, despite the fact various brands will soon appear, imported, and lower costs... We'll always stand behind the Bazzaz because first and foremost we know how well it works, but additionally because of their ease of use, great support, quality, and the fact they're truly enthusiast driven...

#16 ·
Just got another load of Bazzaz units in stock. Our Mtake is complete not (will release next week), so we'll have some maps for this great package very soon. Even on the base map, all feedback has been great on the Z variant Bazzaz. Customers have repeatedly seen smoother on/off throttle transition and a substantial top end increase.

#19 ·
good video

I started to think how many more wires do you need to connect to get that tuner installed, but then had to remember its way easier to tune then a carb

no more fiddling with taking out a carb, get gas all over and buying jets
doing test drives over and over and over to see which jet gives the best performance

So put in a little time to install it, then thats it
rest is taken care of electronically

#20 ·
Agreed. After decades of jetting bikes, I personally was a bit intimidated the first time I got into FI. Didn't take long to overcome any fears. You can add a Bazzaz in the same amount of time it takes to jet a bike, then every future "jetting" takes 2 minutes and no tools. There's no going back.

#31 ·
I'm sure these can handle at least 10,000 safely

I think changing the gearing may not work too well with as many hills around here
there are some very long hills I have a hard time staying at a safe speed
but maybe one day I will try that

I think I had read changing the counter sprocket 1 tooth is like doing 3 in the rear

so maybe it would be wiser for me to change the rear 1-2 smaller if that sprocket exists that way its not too much of a change

just used to my klx 250 that redlines at 10,500 so when I get limited to around 9800 its strange having to shift so early

#32 ·
Just installed the Bazzaz on my Z125. Take note, the installation video is wrong for where the switched power wire connects. Installit on the RED wire, not the BLUE wire. The red wire is for the tail light, the blue wire is for the brake light. Other than that, installation is fairly straight forward. The speed sensor connector is a pain to get to, go at it from the rear of the bike next to the shock. I'll report back on performance once I get a chance to play with it.

#33 ·
Interesting... The printed directions actually state the "red" wire, though there wasn't a red wire on our bike, so we tested when we did the vid, and on OUR bike, it was the factory blue...

If you have time, shoot me a few photos of that specific connection directly to me at mnnthbx@hotmail.com so I can compare your stock wiring to ours, and edit the video as needed.

Enjoy the new bike!

#38 ·
my bike used the brown wire to connect for power
may be safe to say, of course depending on how you look at the connector
to use the left side wire
or just verify it with a volt meter before installing

as for any instructions, mine had none
I had to watch the install video

and it will light up when powered on

#43 ·
OK, id like to make this point.... I like to help everyone as much as possible, as an enthusiast. That said, we get lots of requests for maps, and when I ask for customer info, about a 3rd say "I bought it somewhere else". That's perfectly fine, but... As with all our products, we're priced fairly. Yes, you can probably surf the entire internet, and find it a few dollars cheaper, but we put lots of time and effort into providing long term service, such as quality maps. Please don't ask us for a map if you didn't buy the Bazzaz from us. Free maps are a fair reward for your support. I assure you the value of having a spot on, drop-in map is far greater than the $9 you saved on the Bazzaz from some unheard of shop that doesn't support this community....

#46 · (Edited)
Are you going to drop in the DCR cam? I ordered it the other day. I'm going to install it with the rest of the stuff I ordered from you guys last week. I also ordered that 143 BBK kit. Based on the the dyno below, I think I will pull 12hp, hopefully :). I was wondering does it matter while self mapping if the motor is under a load? i was thinking of suspending the rear wheel while running the mapping software but if it needs to be under a load then I will ride it for awhile. I am also googling and doing some reading on this, just wanted to know what you thought.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.