Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a dyno chart I found from motorcycle.com where they compared 4 125cc bikes. The Honda Grom, Kawasaki Z125, Kymco K-Pipe, and the SSR Razkull 125.

The Z definitely has a nice strong top end compared to the others with a pretty linear curve to it. Not too shabby at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a former grom owner and now a Z125 I find both to be underpowered for some reason. I"m going to go out on a limb here and guess its the displacement. I think I put more miles on my Honda ct 70 than I did my busa when they shared the garage several years ago. As for shedding weight to make it faster,this is not a R1. Eat less. I gain almost 2mph with just a bowel movement.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If I had a big dinner yesterday, I'm good for an extra 4 mph. :D Hmm can't find the steaming pile smiley.

But seriously, I'm a big 220 lb dude. My eventual goal is my old mountain bike racing / triathlon weight of 185.

The difference in the curves between the grom and the Z125 is pretty much one has torque and the other is rev happy. If you are the type of person who likes to wind out the gears, probably be happier with the Z125. Kinda like my old ninja 300 racebike, before it was a racebike. On the street I could have fun rowing through the gears without getting into triple digit trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts