1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
788 Posts
Have you looked at where the ground wire ties to the frame? It's near the O2 sensor plug... might be a PITA to get at with the covers on, but you'd have more room.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... No I haven't really thought about alternatives. Maybe I should unbolt the ground to frame, and insert a bit of wire after switch to complete the circuit.

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend, I got cut short because I had to evict a family of mice from the battery box! :mad:

I was very surprised that it only cranked about 3 revolutions before it fired right up. But I also need to get a switch in there because the battery goes flat in about 2 weeks of sitting from the electronics draw.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah... I had a hoard of squirrels chew through the gas tank built into the hull of my boat... moved it to the driveway and I lost about 2 gallons of gas through the drain plug in the back of the boat...
🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Wouldn't a standard toggle switch work and hide it so its easy to reach in case you leave your key in it or because your only running back into your house for a second

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need something that can handle 50+ amps during the start phase, after the starter just about anything would work. Mostly I want something because I can't/won't ride every day and the battery goes flat.

I'll have to look at it from a different point of view. A big red turn switch like on a race car would be interesting.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Seems like the easiest way to do this is just pick up a thumb screw that screws into your battery. Then you can just remove the thumb screw and disconnect the battery lead. Same concept as you posted above, but with less hardware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts