Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else's battery died.?
So many battery options n I don't want a stock one. I bought a WPS featherWeight lithium battery p/n 490-2500. And that was a waste. After 7 **** miles battery died.
I'm looking at the ANTIGRAVITY BATTERY YTZ-5
N don't want to be disappointed again.
Im itching to get back on the road!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have had a few shorai's in other bikes with not many problems but they don't particularly like cold weather. And if I recall they take a specific charger if you need to charge them. I have heard both good and bad about antigravity. And to be fair I have heard the same about the other lightweight batteries on the market as well so..... I guess I am not much help.... lol..

I will say with my Shorai's that they don't seem to last as long as a standard stock battery so think of it as a consumbable item that will/may need to be replaced more often than a standard lead acid battery.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a lithium battery tender for the featherWeight, And was hoping it would work with the antigravity.
Looks like I'll be getting a stock battery and a battery tender Jr.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not about my own Z125 since I haven't even driven it since taking it home from the dealership a few weeks ago, but a few years back I had a 12-cell Ballistic Evo2 in a 500cc scooter. I took care of it well, balanced it on a hobby charger often, but I recall ever since day one that it didn't start as reliably as the stock battery, and I went back to stock. I would still be willing to give it another chance though, especially to lighten up my wife's Z125 and the 8-cell batteries aren't that expensive compared to what I had before.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stator and rotor was faulty!!!! **** stock battery still good.. I bought that battery for nothing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shorai batteries are bad ***. I have had them in 3 bikes... Had one in my 09 R1 for 4 years and almost 35K miles. Put one in my 15 R1 when i bought it... Still need to get on for the Z but not sure what size to get yet...

Make sure you have a Shorai battery charger if you get one though. If they get un-balanced, the bike and a normal battery tender wont be able to charge them correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts