Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 10,000 miles on my Z, and on my way home the battery light came on. Got home and noticed the headlight was dim when running, and when I shut off the bike, the headlight stayed on. There is also an odd noise that came with the battery light. I've heard of stators going bad around similar mileage, could this be what it is? I'll leave a link to the video that shows the noise.

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
If headlight on without key on then it shorted to ground.
Stator is 12v powered even with key off and Only way headlight can be on from what I've seen
You can test it using pic'
Technology Photography Website Auto part Multimedia Auto part Engine Clutch Automotive engine part Automotive wheel system
If you referring to the 1 sec Down-Rev grind @ 3200rpm that's normal for most of us.

The Frankenstein arc is it shorting to ground it sounds like.

·
Registered
2020 kawasaki z125
2 Posts
I have a little over 10,000 miles on my Z, and on my way home the battery light came on. Got home and noticed the headlight was dim when running, and when I shut off the bike, the headlight stayed on. There is also an odd noise that came with the battery light. I've heard of stators going bad around similar mileage, could this be what it is? I'll leave a link to the video that shows the noise.
What was the final result? Did u replace the stator and it worked? My z125 is doing the same thing and there's 7400 miles on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts