Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I damaged the o2 sensor with installing my Yoshimura full exhaust today. Check engine light on. My question is, is it ok to ride it still with a damaged o2 sensor until I can get it replaced. Runs fine. No performance issues noticeable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How is it damaged?
Is it inoperable?
Could affect the ECU's air fuel ratio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well let’s just say I couldn’t get it out of the stock pipe and it broke half way inside haha. However there was enough thread to get it into the new exhaust to prevent a vacuum until I can get a new one?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well let’s just say I couldn’t get it out of the stock pipe and it broke half way inside haha. However there was enough thread to get it into the new exhaust to prevent a vacuum until I can get a new one?
That's unfortunate, I heard they can be tough to get out. Preheating the pipe apparently helps.
Hindsight is wonderful.:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
You could send the AFR out of whack and lean out your engine (add's excess heat and can do serious damage) or have an AFR that's too rich and foul a plug/get some sooty residue on that new pipe of yours. If it was mine I wouldn't ride it until you get it figured out.

However, I see motorcycles every day with the check engine light on and an improperly bypassed/installed 02. It very rarely causes any damage. Keep in mind that most people are surprised to find out that the performance of the motorcycle is actually decreased now with a whacked out AFR on what was supposed to be an upgraded exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Yes, still ok to ride ...
If your 02 is in the new exhaust and still good and not leaking your CEL will go off after three separate 10min & 10mile Rides or so
New 02 sensors for $70 found here /
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/z125-parts-accessories/15945-02-sensors-70-new.html
but no one has tried one yet / post up results at link if you decide to try one :wink2:
May not want to replace it if your going to later go with a Fuel controller and switch over to a different wide band sensor anyways

1 - 6 of 6 Posts