Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know what you guys are using for a wheel stand . Can I use a regular rear wheel stand ?? I have the spools and im looking at a stand that is adjustable to the correct width .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm using a pitbul rear stand and it's fully adjustable and works great.

Ok , Thanks !! I was wondering if you could use a normal stand or if it would be too big .I sold mine with my big bike a few weeks back .So now I need to buy one. I actually just did off ebay a few minutes ago ,50.00

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
How are you attaching the spools to the swingarm? Most people use the $30 Chinese endcaps or the eqivalent Area 22 $60 ones. The only difference is that the Area 22 is in stock in the US and ships immediately, while the other ships from China and takes 3 weeks.

With those end caps I use a harbor freight rear wheel stand. The z125 is small and light, no real need for a big dollar Pit bull stand. Thought if you have the money it never hurts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you attaching the spools to the swingarm? Most people use the $30 Chinese endcaps or the eqivalent Area 22 $60 ones. The only difference is that the Area 22 is in stock in the US and ships immediately, while the other ships from China and takes 3 weeks.

With those end caps I use a harbor freight rear wheel stand. The z125 is small and light, no real need for a big dollar Pit bull stand. Thought if you have the money it never hurts.

Yea , I bought the Area 22 spools in black . Mounted them up already . just bought the stand off ebay for 50.00

·
Registered
584 Posts
The thing I like about the harbor freight stands is how light they are. I use them equally well on my baby Z as well as my big Z. Though on the big bike, I retrofitted higher quality wheels on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing I like about the harbor freight stands is how light they are. I use them equally well on my baby Z as well as my big Z. Though on the big bike, I retrofitted higher quality wheels on them.

Looks great ! So how loud is your exhaust and does it come with a DB ??

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks great ! So how loud is your exhaust and does it come with a DB ??
The Yosh RS-2? It's pretty loud, though manageable if I don't get on it too hard in my neighborhood. It has a DB insert but it's hard to get in and out so I just leave it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Yosh RS-2? It's pretty loud, though manageable if I don't get on it too hard in my neighborhood. It has a DB insert but it's hard to get in and out so I just leave it out.
Thanks , Probably what I will get and do the air box thing

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have an adjustable PitBull that works, but I've had it for years. Agreed in this case that the cheaper ones will suffice being that the bike is so small and light. It has to be a width-adjustable one, however. The ones that are a standard width are too wide, I have a couple of those, too, so I know they're too wide.
Note, I have the Area 22 spools on my Z

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an adjustable PitBull that works, but I've had it for years. Agreed in this case that the cheaper ones will suffice being that the bike is so small and light. It has to be a width-adjustable one, however. The ones that are a standard width are too wide, I have a couple of those, too, so I know they're too wide.
Note, I have the Area 22 spools on my Z

You can see the stand I bought off ebay for 50.00. Its adjustable so it should work just fine. I would not use it for a bigger bike but for the Z it will support it fine too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I noticed the the TRex Racing spools say that there's allow you to remove the rear wheel due to the mounting. Is it true that the chain adjuster block style you can't remove the rear wheel while on the spool? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts