Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some rearsets for 1 of my new Z125 PRO's. I'm 6'1" and need a bit more knee room. I've seen the Driven sets and Sato ones. Look really good and a little out of my budget. So checking to see if anyone has experience with these. Found on Amazon

<li class="a-spacing-small item a-declarative">

Roll over image to zoom in

Motorcycle Rearset for Kawasaki Z125 Pro 2015 2016 2017

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd be nervous spending that much on an no-name one, but Amazon backs stuff up pretty well. What is your inseam and your goal for "knee room"? I doubt you could get your knees to fit under the tank lips, but if you do, let me know. I have a 34" inseam and am not uncomfortable, but it would be nice to hear solutions. When I put my feet on the passenger pegs, my knees fit perfectly, lol.

If you want something NICE with name brand backing, check out the ones Woodcraft makes: https://www.steadygarage.com/store/woodcraft-billet-aluminum-rear-sets-kawasaki-z125-pro-gp-shift

I don't have them myself, but if I needed replacements would strongly consider them.

My big problem was the handlebars hitting me in the knees in tight turns, but the Rox riser fixed that nicely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a similar set from dark light street and they put me in a lot better riding position but the way the brake was set up it bent the bracket and rear brake didn't work

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just ordered some so, i'll let you know! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I got the rearsets and i'm actually pretty impressed with them. Got the brake side installed and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I'm 6'1" and my knees did not fit into the fairings very well stock. Now my leg fits perfectly in the tank fairing. So comfortable!!! Picture shows me sitting with both feet on the pegs. HUGE difference.

Got a million other projects to work on this week so I will update when I get the other side installed and both of them adjusted and tested. So far very happy. I did notice that they provided the wrong length hardware to mount the two pegs.....the bolt they supplied has maybe 4 threads holding the peg on. I'll be replacing those with the correct length bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
They look nice for the price. Glad you like them.
I just installed my area22 green rearset and love the look and position of the pegs.
Look good!! Do they have options for peg placement? Or just one spot?
Looks like the placement is more forward than the ones I have. IMine were a pretty big move back. Ill measure how much they moved to give a better idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got them and love them. The peg placement is adjustable as well as the posts for the brake and shifter. The shifter feel is more solid and the body position is perfect. I'm 6ft and couldn't fit my knees under the tank mouldings but now they fit perfect. Highly recommend, especially for the price!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look good!! Do they have options for peg placement? Or just one spot?
Looks like the placement is more forward than the ones I have. IMine were a pretty big move back. Ill measure how much they moved to give a better idea.
Thank's. They only have one placement for the pegs and they are about 3 inches to the back compared to stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$96 shipped is a stunning price. Wow. I wish I could see what the Gold anodized looks like on a bike. That's a LOT of gold to catch the eye, especially those thick carrier plates. Maybe too much on a grey bike. Then again, why add plain black when gold is the same price?

Anybody got pics of the gold version mounted?

The same rearsets are on eBay for $73 shipped from China - Black, Gold or Green anodized

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just ordered a set in Titanium color for $82 shipped. Three inches back without any rise is awesome.

I noticed that the Amazon seller says free shipping but the delivery time suggests that they're shipped from China anyway. Chinese mail is dirt cheap and USPS then delivers for nothing under international reciprocity. Try shipping them back though and you've got to pay USPS to send a package to China (Chinese mail service gets nothing) so that's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey... looking at the pictures, these pegs are folding. Is that true? Some people might not like that but I see it as a bonus. I've seen too many damaged frames from rigid mounted footpegs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey... looking at the pictures, these pegs are folding. Is that true? Some people might not like that but I see it as a bonus. I've seen too many damaged frames from rigid mounted footpegs.
They do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
www . ebay . com/itm/Kawasaki-Z125-Pro-2016-2017-Area-22-CNC-Rear-Sets-Green-Rearset-Footpegs/262796554034?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Link looks goofy because it says I can't post links because I haven't posted enough, stupid forum rule. just take spaces out of the ebay.com

Kawasaki Z125 / Pro 2016- 2017 Area 22 CNC Rear Sets Green Rearset Footpegs | eBay

I picked these up the other day and they look of much better quality than the Chinese ones. I will receive them this week and can let you guys know how they are, I am changing to gp shift and adding my extra quickshifter onto it. I will advise how it all works.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry for the lag on my install. I have too many other builds going on at the moment. Here is a photo from top showing the stock location on the left and the furthest most spot on the new rearsets. I'm 6'1" and my legs fit perfectly under the tank fairing now.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Factory Minibikes - thanks for the helpful photo. That's VERY useful.

Reactions: Factory Minibikes
1 - 20 of 33 Posts