Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 cars that run E85 at all times. I keep two 55 gallon drums at my house because of this. It would be nice to run my Z125 on the same fuel.

I am curious if anyone here or anywhere has tuned their Z125 on E85... I've been looking for a reason to buy a Bazzaz Z-FI anyways. This could be it.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am no expert on fuel but I am pretty sure you need an engine specifically designed for E85. If all it took was some setting changes on an ECU, E85 usage would very much be widespread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am no expert on fuel but I am pretty sure you need an engine specifically designed for E85. If all it took was some setting changes on an ECU, E85 usage would very much be widespread.
actually it is that easy lol. E85 just needs 20% more fuel than 91 octane and is octane equivalent to 102ish with cooling advantage of alcohol. At most you would need to upgrade the fuel injector depending on your mods and goals, then a tune. I would suggest a power commander for e85 since bazzaz can't tune ignition timing, you won't get the full advantage of running e85 if you can't ramp the timing up too. I'll be running mine on E85, and turbo eventually feel free to pm me I can help you out once I get mine lined out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't use any fuel with ethanol. It loves to eat rubber fuel lines and if your bike has a plastic fuel tank it will distort the thing. Just look on the Ducati forum.
**** I don't even use this stuff in my weed wacker or lawn mower as it will cause the fuel tank to crack.
I always use 98 fuel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't use any fuel with ethanol. It loves to eat rubber fuel lines and if your bike has a plastic fuel tank it will distort the thing. Just look on the Ducati forum.
**** I don't even use this stuff in my weed wacker or lawn mower as it will cause the fuel tank to crack.
I always use 98 fuel.
people say that, but I've been running it in **** for 10+ years never had those issues. I can tell you this, on my built engines for e85 like brand new piston tops after 10k racing miles still look new no carbon build up etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used to own a KTM 990 Super Duke and a lot of dudes were complaining about fuel tank distortion mostly in the USA and Europe
But I never had a problem I then heard that Ducati was having problems. Also my weed whacker had a cracked fuel tank the mower machanic asked if I had been using ethanol fuel and yes I had DOH!
It's one of those things I suppose if it's working for you just keep using it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
E85 is very popular in the car world. More specifically turbo cars. I could ramble on as to why, but if your interested. Google has much more info on this than you could imagine. It does NOT ruin fuel lines, tanks, pistons, seals, etc... That's all BS.

I was just curious if anyone here has already made the swap. Would be nice to run all the same fuel in my cars and bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts