Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at least some input on setting to safe levels and letting Autotune finalize the tune?

Running mnnthbx intake, Musari exhaust, and the 143cc kit. Good news is that it starts and idles fine. I just don't want to smoke it trying to autotune up from the 125cc file.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its well worth it to take the bike to someone to have a custom dyno tune done.
Have you seen a difference between the auto tune and a full dyno tune. Is it much of a power difference. I will be doing a dyno run when I am done but it's a little pricey to do every other week LOL.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Have you seen a difference between the auto tune and a full dyno tune. Is it much of a power difference. I will be doing a dyno run when I am done but it's a little pricey to do every other week LOL.
Not specifically for the Z125, but for other bikes I have and almost every single one has seen a noticeable improvement from a custom tune over an auto tune.

I have a custom tune on my Z and do not regret it at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
but it's a little pricey to do every other week LOL.

Why would you be doing a tune every other week? Get a real tune and forget about it.
I have the auto tune and like to tinker with my bike and putting it on a dyno after every adjustment is a little pricey for me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Autotune will not adjust timing, but a tuner who owns a dyno probably will change timing. If timing can't be done with the programming, then you might need a 5 degree offset key for the crank to give a little more advance. I think you can get them from 1 to 5 degrees, but after that the metal gets really thin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Autotune will not adjust timing, but a tuner who owns a dyno probably will change timing. If timing can't be done with the programming, then you might need a 5 degree offset key for the crank to give a little more advance. I think you can get them from 1 to 5 degrees, but after that the metal gets really thin.
I am advancing the timing my self.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah after messing around it gets to 60s alot easier. I am getting really excited to do the 143 this winter. So did we have a map worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts